From: Annita Fulton <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] Off subject - canning
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 17:08:25 -0600

Marsha, I'm always a day late and a dollar short but haven't been on the internet for a couple of days - just thought I'd add my two-cents worth. Mom canned sauerkraut and kept it in the kitchen in a big crock, also pickles (my favorite, salt pickles) too which also had to be fermented. Mom's floor was linoleum and then laminent flooring and her kraut was always wonderful. Well, I have her kraut crock now and have made kraut too and I've had both laminent flooring and ceramic tile so it didn't seem to matter what kind of floor we either one had. Another thing, Mom never had air conditioning and I've always had it and you would think that would make a difference, but it didn't seem to. Someone mentioned pressuring it when it was canned, but we just put it in hot jars with hot lids and sealed it. Guess the salt kept it. Good luck on your project.

Annita (Taylor) Fulton