From: "Harold Blevins" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] -Computer Down- Off subject
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 18:43:19 -0500

Well, I am back on line after about a two-week vacation, courtesy of my
computer's
hard drive ! It suddenly decided it didn't want to boot up so I suspected
right away
that it was the hard drive. I am one of those folks who was taught to turn
everything
off when you finished using it, so if I used my computer six times a day, I
turned it on
and off six times!!! Guess I just wore the poor thing out....and only 6
years old!!!!!

I am very fortunate to live next door to a young computer engineer who works
for a
large aerospace company here in town. He took the computer, took the hard
drive
out and downloaded its contents onto a storage disk, then ran a recovery
disk to try to
get the disk working again. He was not successful, but he was able to save
all my data.

In the meantime, I purchased a new computer, with much more capability than
the old
one and at about half the price I paid six years ago!! So much for
technology......great!

I have spent all day getting all my programs back on the new
computer...found out quickly
that Outlook Express will not work with Windows 7!!!!...so went to Windows
Live Mail &
am learning to use that. Was happy to find that my MS Office XP would load
into Windows
7 so that saves me having to buy Office again.

So I am battered and bruised but not broken......(only had 300 emails in my
inbox this a.m. when
I finally got back in my mailbox, most of them from ARIZARD )......sure
appreciate you folks and the
fine work you do and enjoyed reading every one of them......glad to be
back.......Harold B.

This thread: