From: "Lee Anne Center" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] Heirs of Martha (Gordon) Boler - Boler, Nicks,Smith and Wade - correction Marriston
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 20:53:26 -0500

Sorry, I put Marrison instead of Marriston. Marriston is what the letter
had. I corrected it below.

Lee Anne

In July 2009, I visited the Newton County Archives and courthouse in
Decatur, MS, and the Boler Inn. At the Newton County Courthouse, I found a
probate file for James Gordon, dec'd, labeled "File-3 No. 956 1907, Eli
Gordon et al" that holds documents that list the heirs of Martha (Gordon)
Boler (wife of William Riden Boler). John Wesley Boler, grandson of Wesley
Boler and Eliza Walton of Union, MS, provided the names for Martha (Gordon)
Boler's heirs (and thus William Riden Boler's heirs).

Wesley and Eliza (Walton) Boler migrated to Mississippi, first to Hines
County MS, then Neshoba County MS (created in 1833). In 1836 when Newton
County MS was created from part of Neshoba County MS, Wesley and Eliza were
in Newton County MS. Wesley and Eliza's son William Riden Boler and family
moved to Izard County AR. The Newton County probate file is good to find
because there is no probate file for William Riden Boler or Martha (Gordon)
Boler in Izard County AR. And Izard County land transactions at the Izard
County AR courthouse for William after his death, mention his heirs but not
by name. The land transactions do mention his 2nd wife Elizabeth (Forrest)
by name. As mentioned, I did not find a probate file for William, who died
28 Oct. 1891. I also did not find one for his 1st wife Martha (my ancestor),
who died 10 Sept. 1886.

My great-great-grandfather was William Riden Boler who married 1) Martha
Gordon. My great-grandfather was John Wesley Boler who married Leona Bernice
Montgomery [daughter of William Franklin Montgomery (aka Dock Montgomery)
and Laura Ann Jones].

Lee Anne

======
******
======
Letter on Company Letterhead from J. W. Gordon to Mr. Eugene Carlton (court
clerk),
dated June 22, 1908:
======

J. W. Gordon.
Dealer in
General Merchandise
Dry Goods, Notions, Clothing, Boots, Shoes, Hats, Caps, Etc.

Country Produce
Always Wanted

UNION, MISS., R.R.D. No. 2 June 22 1908
Mr. Eugene Carlton
Dear Sir
Your letter received and content noted.
The list of names of Eli Gordon, Andrew Gordon, and Martha Boler heirs are
correct.
Please find enclosed a list of the Jas Lay heirs.
For further information of the Jas Lay heirs, write to Frank Lay, Forest
Miss R.F.D.# 1
J. W. Boler address is Franklin P.O. Izard Co. Ark.
Very Respectfully
J. W. Gordon

======
======
Letter from John Wesley Boler on Billingsley & Company General Merchants
letterhead
to Mr. Eugene Carleton of Decatur, Mississippi, dated June 29, 1908:
======

A. BILLINGSLEY, Manager

BILLINGSLEY & COMPANY
GENERAL MERCHANTS
--------------------------------------
We Buy Cedar Posts and Country Produce
Guion, ARK June 29, 1908

Mr. Eugene Carleton,
Decatur Miss.

Sir
Yours of 6/19/08 to hand & will say in reply That a part of the names &
addresses are correct.
Will give names & addresses below.

J. W. BolerGuion Ark.
J. D. BolerFranklin "
Dona Nicks " "
Wm BolerMarriston " or Wiseman Ark.
H. T. BolerHarrison "
Thara WadeAsh Flat "
Mary SmithJamison Washington.

Think this is a correct list & should you find anything wrong write me.

Very Truly
J. W. Boler.

======
Copyright 2009-2010 by Lee Anne Center
Permission granted for personal, non-commercial use.
======