From: Marsha Boles <>
Subject: [ARIZARD] Orpha Hailey Cleveland died
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 08:13:36 -0800 (PST)

Orpha Hailey Cleveland b. abt 1917 died 20 Dec 2009 Memphis, TN
Graveside services: 10 AM Tuesday, Wiseman Cem. Wiseman, AR

Spouse: Elton ‘Cleve’ Cleveland (died abt 20 y ago)
Child: Thomas Cleveland (adopted) – (Thomas has children)
Step child: Betty Cleveland Jordan (and one more, can’t recall her name)
Father: Mordichiah Allen 'Maud' Hailey
GP: Adam Mordicah Hailey m. Florence Cochran
Mother: Margaret Elizabeth Bookout
GP: Charles 'Henry' Bookout m. Parthinia Margarette 'Phenny' Hatman
Siblings:
Jefferson James 'Jeff' Hailey m. 'Nova May' Gwendolyn Haynes
Allen Henry 'Hosea' Hailey m. Anna Lee Rogers
Eschol Ray Hailey m. Elizabeth Rebecca Perkins
Elmer F. 'Hamm' Hailey
Nova May Hailey – think this is sister-in-law, listed twice
Vada M. Hailey m. J. D. Ferrell
Unknown Female Hailey – died age 14

'Aunt Orpha' was cousin of my dad. Taught school either at Day or Wiseman (maybe both) and retired from teaching in Summerville, TN. My mom and Orpha left Wiseman during WW II to work at airplane factory in Memphis, TN and were roomates then and even shared a house after they married when war was over.

Think I have Jeff’s wife mixed as sister too. As well as family, I knew most of these folks as a child. Mom is 88 yo now and says this is right (but am beginning to question her recall at times, so 2nd opinion would be welcome).

Marsha

This thread: