From: Ellen Reesh <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] Civil War help - Rick or anyone
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 18:05:19 -0700

Rick,
Thanks for your help. The H.Tollison of Lavaca Co. Texas is Hebron, another
brother to my B.H.H. Tolleson.

Hitson H. Tolleson's son Jame Monroe Tolleson served in Rutherford Company,
Dobbins Reg't of Arkansas in the Cavalry from May 1864 to Oct 1864. [the
family story says that H.H. told his son to join the cavalry so that at
least the Union guys couldn't steal the only riding horse they had.]
This is what I have from the War Department, The adjutant General's Office.
"The name James Monroe Tolleson has not been found on the only muster roll
on file in this office of Co.D (Capt Ruterferd) 1(Dobbins)Regt. Ark.
Cav.C.S>A> covering Jan &Feb 1864. The name james Tollison Co.D. Dobbins
Regt. Ark.Cav. appears on a Must. * Desc. Roll of Prison. Of War surrendered
May 11. 1865 and paroled June5 1865 at Jackensport, Ark. age shown 19 yrs.
Eyes, dark, hair dark, comp, dark, Height, 5ft, 7 in. Born, Alabama. "
(Signed) Robert C. Davis, the Adjutant General.

Attached to the Widows Pension Application for State of Texas are several
affidavits from comrades of James Monroe Tolleson, all were notarized in
Independence Co. 1) C. M. Engles, 2) A.M. Allen, 3) J. W. Robertson.

I don't have anything on Tilghman Tolleson, just the family story about him
being injured coming home and later dying.

Thank you again for your help.
Ellen