From: Beth Cooper <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] Civil War Pensions
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 08:32:32 -0700 (PDT)

All, Good morning!

Could someone who knows tell me, were the pensions from Civil War administrated nationally or were those just the duty of the individual states? Anyone read anything about this?  Should put this on my list to do

I do remember finding that g gm Mary LuElla Remley Peck lost her access to g gf William Addison Peck's pension when she moved from AR to OR. AR did not pay the widow pension if they were not living in the state where the husband had applied to receive pension. I don't believe she ever got a dime from AR, and if I have remembered correctly OR had no organization for disbursement as they were not involved in the war.
Enjoy the day!
Beth

Wouldn't her pension as a widow been null & void if she remarried?
g.

This thread: