From: "June Ramsey" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] How's The Weather?
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 12:18:25 -0600

Joy i keep a good supply of batteries especially "D". we always if we know
on time (which they warned us this was coming) when they are gone you toss
them Ha! we had all our coolers (3) filled you can fill bath tubs( for you
sure won't have bath water) plenty of groceries all kind's and canned treet,
viannia's, pork and bean's any thing you don't have to cook (we had a gas
cook stove thank goodness) alot are all electric. We have electric water
heater, so that took care of that. have gas furnace , but won't go with out
power.and fill up the gas tank if you don't have a lot. We have (2) #2 oil
lamps and keep plenty of oil. Have a battery lantern that uses "d" batteries
that gives a real good light. Got one to use in the cellar. Done used it 2
or 3 times. We were lucky to get a new generator the second day so we saved
our freezer full of food. It is a pain in the rear to keep gas for
generator's, and fairly expensive, Thank goodness gas wasn't like back
earlier. We keep a good supply of paper plates , and towel's. We could heat
water for dishes but easier to toss the papar plates. Ha!
Hope this gives you a little bit to go on. Hope you never have to use it.
Love and God Bless Junebug