From: "Betty Cavner" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] Harris, Dixon and Hunt
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 07:20:30 -0600

Bernie
Also found this message in the "notes" for Henry Briton Harris file - of
course, this was way back in 06:

Bernie,
Hope you got the message where I traced Henry in the census
for 1830 through 1850. It is very obvious to me that the 1850 census
is in error. Henry should be 53 and not 33. If you did not get that
message let me know. Also as I pointed out his father was dead long
before 1817, he died in Lincoln Co. GA Dec. 1803.
I don't think you are confused at all, people have taken the
1850 census data and used it to establish Henry B.'s birth date.
Although it is perfectly clear, it is not right. Please see the 1830
and 1840 Census and you will see that he was born before 1800.
It is also clear that James Adams Harris, Andrew Cresswell
"A.C." Harris and Augustus Watson "A.W." Harris are his sons by his
first wife. Their ages alone disprove that he was born in 1817.

Don