From: <>
Subject: [ARIZARD] Betty Mc. off subject
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 20:56:24 -0500

Hi Betty...I really enjoyed the Old Phildelphia Church...I spent many a sunday when I was in grade school wandering over that ceme. My grandmother , Ollie Grills was a sunday school teacher and always took us to church on Sunday...would not let us look at the little cards she gave all of the children for their bible lesson ahead of time. I've never sat on the 'mens' side of the church...!! just was not permitted... I am proud to say that Soloman Byrd, who helped to build the church was my great-great grandfather.

All of my Grills, Hanks and Byrd families are buried there, as well as my mother and father, 'Bill' Willie T. and Vennie Cooper.

Later...Joyce

---- Betty McCollum <> wrote:
> Joyce:
> I'm been meaning to write and tell you that I was glad to see you at Old
> Philadelphia. Patsy Alexanderson tells me that your book is wonderful.
> Betty Mc

This thread: