From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD] Need Obit - Vera
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 20:32:39 -0500

I just sent this to Ellen.
Note the obit shows Jarrett.

Cemetery book shows he was called Harp.

Melboourne Times
Feb 26, 1948 - John W. Finley
John W. Finley was born April 4th, 1857 and departed this life
February 16, 1948 at the age of ninety years, ten months and 12 days.
He was united in marriage to Miss Nannie Jarrett, who preceded him in
death, 1899 and to this union were born three children, Edna, who preceded
him in death, 1910, Shelby J. of Sidney and Mrs Ada Carpenter of Calico
Rock, Ark.
He is also survived by two brothers, Henry of Gracemont, Okla., and
Pleas of Sidney, besides nine grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren.
At an early age he professed faith in Christ united with the Baptist
Church at Concord and lived a devoted and consistent Christian life until
the time of his death.
He was born, reared and lived in the Finley Creek community, where he
spent a long and useful life, much of which was devoted to teaching in rural
schools of Izard County.
He was an honored member of the Masonic Lodge at Antioch for sixty
five years.
Funeral services were conducted by Rev. Gus Pool in the Finley Creek
Baptist Church and concluded by the Masonic Fraternity at the grave, with
Clarence Johnson in charge.