From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD] COX--1910 Baxter,Mill (twp)--Help!
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 09:38:30 -0500

I don't know anything about this family but here's what I found.

Baxter County marriages:

Cox, Rubye 23
md 21 Dec 1918
S. L. Russell 26

The age is right for the Ruby 15 in 1910 census.

Note the places of birth for her parents in this census.
1920 Mountain Home, Baxter, Arkansas
Liston Russell 28 AR AR AR
Ruby Russell 25 AR GA AR

1900 Union, Marion, Arkansas
shows Ruby and Rena Cox living in the house of Robert L. & Mary A. Hurst as
gr-daughters.

1900 Mill, Baxter, Arkansas (he's listed as widow)
Dovly B. Cox 39 GA
Anna Cox 5
Ethel J. 1

SOOOOOOO who are the kids in 1910 census??

Marion County marriages
Cox, D. B. 32 of Yellville
md 27 Nov 1893
Anna Hurst 23 of Yellville

There's a D. B. Cox buried in the Custer Herron Cemetery
b. Mar 9, 1861 d. Aug 11, 1940

Baxter Bulletin dated Aug 16, 1940
D. Cox past age 80 born in GA a pioneer resident of Baxter County, died at
the home of his daughter, Mrs E. G. Adams in Harrison, Monday.
He is buried in Henderson. Other survivors are Mrs S. L. Russell, Mrs W. E.
Bemington, both of Oildale CA; Mrs P. E. Jones, Mrs R. E. Buford both of
Atlanta, GA and one son Ralph Cox of Bakersfield, CA; two brothers, J. H.
Cox of Jacksonville, TX and A. J. Cox of Ennesan, GA.

Maybe I've chased the wrong man.
??????????????????????????

> AR-Izardites, would anyone have information about the following family?
>
> 1910 USFedCen AR, Baxter (Co.), Mill (Twp.), Dist 2
> Ln37/8/8
> Cox, Dorty B. head mw 49 wd GA SC GA Fmr GFm
> Cox, Ruby dau fw 15 s AR GA AR HsKpr FmH
> Cox, Rena dau fw 12 s AR GA AR
> Cox, Ralph son mw 9 s AR GA AR FmLbr HmFm
> Cox, Ruth dau fw 7 s AR GA AR
> Cox, Rela dau fw 5 s AR GA AR
> Cox, Redith dau fw 3 s AR GA AR
>
> Could someone check the census and see if you can read it any better than
> I did? Is this father's name actually-------Dooly B.? or what?
>
> I believe the deceased mother to have been the dau of Robert J. and Mary
> A. Hurst of AR, Marion, Union----probably Hulda A or her sister Sanilia A
> (or is that Servileann Hurst?)???
>
> Anyone have knowledge or connections to this family?
>
> Really curious about who the Cox daughter, Ruby did marry?
> It wasn't Otto Brown-----was it?
>
> There was an Otto Brown who murdered his wife, Ruby Cox (also called
> Odessa) in 1926. A family member thinks the trial took place in Louisiana,
> probably Webster Parish. The date of the murder was about 23 Apr 1926.
> Oddly, the last I could find on this family was
> 1920 USFedCen OK, Osage (Co.), BigHeart (Twp.), Dist 75
> Avant town
> Ln81/140/148
> Otto Brown 29<1891>mw head MO MO MO teamster OilField
> Ruby Brown 26<1894>fw wife AR MO AR
> Clifford Brown 6<1914>mw son MO MO AR
> Evelyn Brown 2 3/12<1917>fw dau MO MO AR
> Ruthine Brown 9/12<1919>fw dau OK MO AR
> Does anyone have anything on this?
> Boy, do I ever miss Bill Blevins! Bless his soul, we lost a treasure.
> Beth

This thread: