From: PEGGY TRUESDELL <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] FINLEY (Jim)
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 14:58:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Jim! In the four plus years I've been in Texas, haven't unpacked all of my paper, particularly the FINLEY material.

In reading your post, I have a comment on those FINLEYs that went to Caddo County, Oklahoma. Some of my Baxter County FINLEY connections also went there, but don't remember that Henry Clay FINLEY was one of them. These would be ones descended from Theodore Henry FINLEY and my great-aunt "Kate" PERRY. T. H. was son of Charles FINLEY. In early 1980, T. H. and Kate's son, Thomas Jackson FINLEY (who first married Vada KING, my father's sister; late in life he married a second or third cousin of my father, Lucille KING, formerly HAVNER).

My real point is that while visiting Aubrey FINLEY at Verden, OK, whose father had first relocated from AR to Caddo County, he and my Uncle Thomas "Jackson" FINLEY told me that a related FINLEY (maybe Will) had gone to Oklahoma earlier -- married an Indian woman and had numerous daughters. I've never found them or descendants -- but the hiatus of the last four years hasn't helped me contine my quest.

I have a new computer -- and after cataract surger in one eye on July 15, hope to continue. The other eye needs surgery, too, but not as bad, so can wait a few months. Otherwise, I'm holding forth in Texas -- but still miss Tulsa!

I've been lurking a few months and this is my first message in some time. Looking forward to "seeing" all my old Izard List friends as well as new ones.

Peggy {King} Truesdell

This thread: