From: "Betty McCollum" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] John Love Byler and Margaret ?
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 15:10:19 -0600

Wilma:
In Carroll Hayden's "Some Descendants of JAKOB BEIIELER of Switzerland
and Pennsylavnia" it says:
"John Love Byler (Jacob4, Abraham3, Jacob2, Jakob1) born 12 Aug 1855, Izard
County, Arkansas, occupation Medical Doctor, married _____ ______ 1879,
Margaret A. HAWKINS, born Arkansas, died ___ Sept. 1909. John died 27 Apr
1928, Knob Creek, Izard Co., Arkanss, buried: Knob Creek Cemetery, Izard
Co., Ar. Tombstone in Knob Creek Cemetery:
"J.L. Byler, M.D., 1855-1928 - Believe this to be John Love Byler. Roger
Byler Book lists his death as 1918, but I believe 1928 to be his death date.
John was educated by his mother and given a good education. He became a
Doctor. Carroll Byler says: "John was a country family doctor. He rode his
horse or mule around visiting his patients. Made a small living as no one
had much money. They only took a buggy when the family went"

In this same Byler book by Carroll Hayden, I find:

"Alexander D. "Aleck" Byler, born 2 Sep 1862, Izard Co., Arkansas, married
Josephi9ne Vent, born 18 Jan 1864 (daughter of Martin Vent and LIZA
CHEATHAM, died 16 Jul 1942."

I did not find mention of a Margaret Cheatham in this book. Hope this
helps.
Betty Mc