From: Gen Unrein <>
Subject: [ARIZARD] off subject
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 21:41:47 -0800 (PST)

Sorry, I'm just getting around to reading the list.
When it comes to "spare the rod", I've learned other ways of
keeping control of all my little ones. They stand with their nose
touching the wall, and if they fidget too much, they have to hold
their hands behind their back. They can't play with anything,
kick their feet, or look around like they can sitting in a time out
chair. Because of their ages, they only have to stand there until
they have quit causing a fuss, or if they're older, they have to
count out loud to 50 or say their ABC's. And I do listen to them.
Saying numbers or their letters gives their minds something to
grasp on to, and takes them away from what they were angry
about. It doesn't take them long to settle down.
It works so well, I go in the hallway and have seen the stuffed
animals facing the wall, because they were "being naughty".
My daughter says I have very little problem with the kids, because
my rules never change, and the rules are for everybody, including
my grown up kids.
Too bad that rules got thrown out with the scriptures.
Anyone ever think that when they started just printing the New
Testament Bibles, the Ten Commandments weren't in them?
If my memory serves me, they're found in the Old Testament.
(Course I could be wrong about this.)
What a loss that was, don't you think?
Gen