From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD] James Gang --- Beth
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 14:30:12 -0600

I have an Aunt whose deceased mother-in-law who was kin of the outlaw Jesse
James. He hid out at their house in Oklahoma more than once. Also my
sister-in-law's ex-mother-in-law who lives in Cave City was kin, "cousins".
I helped a little on both of those. Can't remember the connections, there's
been a lot of water under the bridge since.

There's a nice article on the James Family in a book Independence Pioneers
a project ot The Batesvill Guard, Inc 1986 written by Phillip James

When someone says Eligha James was my great grandfather he was 1st cousin to
Robert James (Jesse's Dad) doesn't make for close kin.

This thread: