From: Annita Fulton <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] Oilton, Oklahoma Obituaries
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 22:49:13 -0600

Vera,

Although Oilton is the next county over from my hometown, it's only 10 miles or so. Sapulpa, OK is the County Seat of Creek County where Oilton is located and it almost runs into Tulsa (you really don't know when you leave one and enter the other). If I were looking for medical, nursing home, or similar records on someone from Oilton, I would probably check with the city of Drumright, which is very close to Oilton, but big enough to have a Court House, Library, etc. I also believe they could have had a hospital, but if not it would not be unusual for folks from Oilton to be hospitalized in my hometown of Cushing (Payne County), OK. I don't know if this is the type of information you are looking for or not, but thought I'd offer it. Also Depew isn't too big either, but Stroud would be a bit larger town close to there (still in Creek County). Good luck with your search.

Annita (Taylor) Fulton > From: > To: > Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 07:39:17 -0600> Subject: [ARIZARD] Oilton, Oklahoma Obituaries> > > Anyone have any knowledge of Oilton, OK? My grandfather's second> > wife's granddaughter is trying to locate information on her first> > huband, medically. Her daughter is going into nursing and they are> > requesting information on her health background.> >> > His name was William Jefferson TRIPLETT, and he died in Oilton,> > OK. He is buried in Oakdale Cemetery in Depew, OK. His date of> > birth was December 11, 1885. He was born in Cedarville, AR, but I> > have no death date.> >> > It's a long shot, but I thought that I would give it a try to locate> > an obituary for him.> >> > I just looked it up, and it was in Creek County, OK, as is Depew, Ok.> >> > That makes sense, because my Grandpa met his second wife there.> >> > Thanks.> >> > Jean Cuevas> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jean> > SSDI> b. 11 Dec 1885 issued in OK> d. Jul 1975> last known residence> Oilton, Creek, OK> > found WW I registration info will try to send off list and you can share if > anyone wants it. It gives a wife's name but I'm not sure if I'm reading it > correct. > > > > -------------------------------> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message