From: "Diana Holland Calderon" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] Trail of Tears
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 00:10:38 +0000

Oral Family history said that my ggg grandmother, Mary "Polly" YATES who
married James R. HUTSON was full blood cherokee.

There was supposed to be a Cherokee village at "Old Syllamore"... it was on
the shore of the White River opposite the "new Syllamore"... which I think
is in Stone County, AR. I think "old Syllamore" was in Izard County. Also
supposedly a trading post.

Research from many years ago said there were papers from the Indian Agent of
old Syllamore at the archives of an Indiana/Illinois college.

Di

http://travel.msn.com/Articles/aboutfarecast.aspx&ocid=T001MSN25A07001

This thread: