From: "Bernie Moore-Knowles" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD] Hedrick death record?
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 21:19:36 -1000

Vera

Dorothy and I have been exchanging some emails off List about our shared Hedrick line from Marion and Baxter County. My Bethena Sinor married William Hedrick in 1893 and in 1907, she died giving birth to a little girl named Pearl Hedrick.

Pearl Hedrick was raised by her uncle; Randolph Sinor and that's about all I know until her death in the 2000, there in Gassville.

William Hedrick remarried to a Ellen "Ella" (maiden name unknown) Conley Qualls in 1909. The last record that I have for Bethena's husband is in 1920:

18 February 1920 Marion Co., Arkansas census, Big Creek Township:
HEDRICK, William H. head M W 45 married AR AR AR
#65/65 Ella wife F W 46 MO MO MO
Floyd son M W 16 single AR MO MO
Lela daughter F W 16 single AR MO MO
Rachel daughter 14 single AR MO MO
Ethel daughter 14 single AR MO MO
Lola daughter 11 single AR MO MO
Merry daughter F W 9 single AR MO MO
Gertie daughter F W 6 single AR MO MO

Vera? Do you find William or Ella Hedrick in the Arkansas Death Records that you have?

Just curious about him. I know that he was the son of John Hedrick and Anna Beavers Hedrick Casteel and it was Max Parnell, I think that told me the name of Anna's Hedrick husband. John Hedrick was deceased by 1880 and his widow and children were listed in that year's census:

1880 Census Place: Barren Creek, Baxter, Arkansas
Source: FHL Film 1254038 National Archives Film T9-0038 Page 232B
Relation Sex Marr Race Age Birthplace
Anna HEADRICKS Self F W W 32 IL
Occ: Keeping House Fa: VA Mo: OH
Wesley HEADRICKS Son M S W 10 MO
Occ: At Home Fa: IL Mo: IL
James HEADRICKS Son M S W 8 AR
Occ: At Home Fa: IL Mo: IL
William HEADRICKS Son M S W 6 AR
Occ: At Home Fa: IL Mo: IL

Nothing else on Wesley or James Hedrick - but, such is life in genealogy! LOL

Bernie Moore-Knowles
Papa'aloa, Hawai'i