From: "Annita Fulton" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD] B.F. and Mary Jane Pinkston
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 16:17:05 -0500

A while back I read an email and responded about the Pinkston's. I also
remarked that I had a family/neighbor quilt made by my Grandmother Mary
(Amy) Elizabeth (Carey) Thrasher and put together and quilted by my Mother
Fern (Thrasher) Taylor that had many old Wiseman/Oxford area residents'
names embroideried on the blocks. Someone emailed me and asked for a list
of the names and I promised them as soon as I could. I have recently had
major back surgeryand am recooperating, but did get a chance to make that
list, so here goes - I'm sorry it took so long and that I forgot who I
promised it to. Please forgive!

Mr. & Mrs. J. B. Carey
D. N. Carey
Repta Carey (Serepta was the correct spelling, but the family called her
Repta)
Minnie Duke
Albert Carey
Tena Carey, 1935 - age 18
Becca Wickersham, April 18. 1935 (Rebecca was the correct spelling)
Capitola Thrasher
Donnie Thrasher
J. C. Carey
Mr. & Mrs. T. W. Thrasher, September 10, 1942 (Trulan & Amy, my
Grandparents)
Fern Taylor my Mom)
Bob Duke
Mary Tena
Billie Dave Duke
J. B. Carey
Clifton Thrasher
Van Thrasher
Mrs. B. F. Pinkston
Era Poag
Clovis Thrasher
Mary Wayne Thrasher
Martha Sims
Annie Tanner
Allie Ball
Vela Stuart
Audie Gleghorn
Rachael Deal
Elva Deal
Opal Deal
Henry Deal
Carl Deal
Chloie Gibson
Ravle Taylor (my Dad)
Fay Ferguson
Ruby Merrell
Ronald Lee Taylor (my Brother)
Zeffie Ward
Beulah Stuart
Mr. & Mrs. V. E. Williams, April 8, 1936
Ruby Tanner
Joyce Lee Ackein (or Acklin)
Mary Acklin (or Acklein)
Ada Moore
Joyce Evelyn Marney
Florence Marney
Bonom Marney
Alene Marney

Each block had the name and sometimes date hand-embroideried so they were a
little hard to read. Each chose their own pattern, but most are flowers -
all colors. This is a treasure to me. My Grandmother passed away in 1950
when I was a year old, but she would hold me even after she had a stroke she
would think her arm was me and say "I didn't know you put the baby beside
me". In the 1980's my Mom's older sister in New York decided since I was
the oldest granddaughter and the only granddaughter while my grandparents
were living that I should have the quilt top. She sent it to my Mom to give
to me. Mom put it together and hand-quilted it. It's such a treasure and I
do know most of the people whose names are shown on each block. Maybe you
will recognize someone too.

Annita (Taylor) Fulton

More photos, more messages, more storageget 2GB with Windows Live Hotmail.