From: "Bernie Moore-Knowles" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] Aunt Vida Davidson Moore - Vera and Beth
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 10:05:43 -1000

Vera

Wow! Are you fast?

Vida Pauline Davidson
May 29, 1926 - Chickasha, Grady Co., Oklahoma
April 08, 1996 - Tulsa, Tulsa Co., Oklahoma

She married my father's youngest brother; one of the twins - Ewell Samuel
"Bunk" Moore on January 14, 1946. I have seen pictures of Uncle Bunk in
uniform and am supposing that with him having a 1920 birth date that he was
in the War, also. I know from Vida's accent that she definetely was raised
in California and Bunk may have met her there while in the service. It was
almost a Chicago clip in her voice. We children used to giggle when she
would attempt to pronounce the Indian communites where I grew up! Oologah?
Taiwah? Inola? Owasso? Pawhuska? She was darling! She had the worst
time pronouncing Oologah - where I went to school.

When I was about four years of age - Bunk, Vida and their brood of kids
moved to Rogers Co., Oklahoma from California and lived with us for about
three months. 1959, maybe? Trying to get "on their feet," as Mother told
me. They never left Oklahoma - most of the children did when they came of
age - but, Bunk and Vida raised their kids on the German Corner as we all
referred to it - near Owasso. Old Mennonite church that was started by the
German Mennonites that migrated to Indian Territory at some point - was
right next door to their home. Locals always referred to the area as the
German Corner.

Now, that would be some interesting research. Wouldn't it?

Beth? Are you reading this?

Vida was breathtakingly beautiful. A natural blonde and when she passed
away, I had not seen her in almost ten years. The day of her funeral? She
was still so, so beautiful. A natural beautiful - almost Swedish looking.
Her husband, Bunk? Good looking in his youth - but as he aged?

I went to Aunt Vida's funeral and most all the information comes from what I
was given there:

Publication Date: April 09, 1996
Source: Tulsa World
Page: A2
Subjects:
Region: Oklahoma
Obituary
COLLINSVILLE -- Vida P. Moore, 69, retired, died Monday. Services pending.
Mowery, Owasso.

Vida Pauline Moore
May 29, 1926 - Chickasha, Oklahoma
April 8, 1996 - Tulsa, Oklahoma

FUNERAL SERVICE
2:00p. m. Wednesday, April 10, 1996
Maranatha Baptist Temple
Collinsville, Oklahoma

Officiating Minister - Reverend Don Moseby

Songs - "Precious Memories"
"Sweet By And By"

Musicians - Charles and Peggy Willyard
Janet Wakefield