From: Dolores Buck <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] chatter
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 07:47:05 -0800 (PST)

Gen, you are right . the ripe persimmons are good and I remember my sister in N.C. made persimmon pudding for one of her boys that just loved it. Dolores

Gen Unrein <> wrote: You'all keep mentioning the Gray family. I worked with a Richard Gray for ca 15 years. He said his gparents were from Big Flat. Talked about his gma making persimmon pies. My gma wouldn't touch the things. I remember we had a grove of them on dad's property, and you sure didn't want to eat a green one. Gma cooked about everything else you could find, I wonder why she never used persimmons????? I didn't think the ripe ones were bad at all.
Gen