From: Don Ott <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] BUCHANAN, MONTGOMERY, BERRY
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 12:00:34 -0600

Wilma,
Excuse me for butting in. I noticed a Richard Buchanan in
Greene Co. AR. for the 1900 Census and he was born in Sep 1862 in
Mississippi. He is married to Lucy C. b. May 1868 Mississippi. They
have a son named Frank Buchanan who is three years old. Do you think
Richard Buchanan could be "Richard Franklin" or something like that,
seems like a possibility with the Sept. 1862 birth.
Now in the 1910 Census Richard becomes Richard H. Buchanan
and Lucy becomes Louisia C. and the mother in law is living with
them, she is Martha Bratton? Their son Frank now becomes Joseph F. Buchanan.
I think in 1920 Richard becomes Bob J. living with son John?
still in Greene county AR, and the place for the name of his wife is
left vacant? Could be she just died, I don't remember the rules on that?
Although this does not look exactly like the Frank Buchanan
you are looking for the Sept. 1862, intrigued me and might be related
to your line.

Don