From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD] Calico Rock Progress
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 22:02:02 -0600

If I'm not mistaken this is the man that Florence Elizabeth (maiden ?) Dixon
married after her husband Jefferson Dixon died.

Calico Rock Progress - May 26, 1933 - "Uncle Bob" Freeman Died at Yellville
Sunday.

Mr R. A. Freeman, a life long resident of Izard County and a
former citizen of Calico Rock, died at the home of his son, T. H. Freeman at
Yellville, last Sunday morning at 10 a.m., following an illness of several
days.

Mr Freeman was 77 years of age and practically all his life
was spent in this county. He was a splendid citizen and leaves a host of
friends to mourn his death. For many years he lived near Jumbo and
Melbourne.

He leaves his wife and four sons - T. H. and LeRoy of Yellville,
Alva of Searcy and Rufus of Imboden - to mourn his death. Burial took place
in the Combs Cemetery near Melbourne, Monday at 2 o'clock.
----
This Freeman Family was living in Izard County in 1910. Shows both Robert
and Florence have been married 2 times, she's had 6 with 5 living, 3 of his
and 2 of hers living with them.
----
The cemetery book shows him buried in the Combs Cemetery along with his wife
Emma and 2 sons.

>> I searched the Melbourne paper in Little Rock at the Historical Society a
>> couple of years ago and it had very few pages that were whole pages, just
>> pieces for the year 1907. I was searching for an obituary for my
>> grandfather, Jefferson Davis Dixon, born Nov,1861 and died about 1907. He
>> was a postmaster in Sept 1806, and his wife Florence Elizabeth remarried
>> August 29, 1907. So I searched that part of 06 & 07, but didn't find any
>> obituaries. Do you by chance have the obituaries for that time?
>> Also in the Index books for 1819 to 1879, is there a Harry Dixon listed?
>> According to the Dixon Book, Harry was killed by a spirited horse in
>> 1865.
>> Sure would appreciate any information. I believe both were living in
>> Melbourne when they died.
>> Betty
>> in TX

This thread: