From: <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] Calico Rock Progress
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 19:38:13 -0600

Vera:
I searched the Melbourne paper in Little Rock at the Historical Society a
couple of years ago and it had very few pages that were whole pages, just
pieces for the year 1907. I was searching for an obituary for my
grandfather, Jefferson Davis Dixon, born Nov,1861 and died about 1907. He
was a postmaster in Sept 1806, and his wife Florence Elizabeth remarried
August 29, 1907. So I searched that part of 06 & 07, but didn't find any
obituaries. Do you by chance have the obituaries for that time?
Also in the Index books for 1819 to 1879, is there a Harry Dixon listed?
According to the Dixon Book, Harry was killed by a spirited horse in 1865.
Sure would appreciate any information. I believe both were living in
Melbourne when they died.
Betty
in TX

This thread: