From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD] Calico Rock Progress
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 18:59:23 -0600

Mike, I have a few issures from the Melbourne newspaper the Clipper dated
1877. There doesn't seem to be any more until 1898 and very few of 1908.
I'm not real sure when Melbourne Times started but I have the Melbourne
paper 1901-1930. They do have the Little Rock newspaper on film at the
History Commission., I don't know the years covered. I have an index book
for these 1819 to 1879. I've seen other index books at the HC library in
Little Rock. The earliest I have on the Progress is 1919.
=======================
> I want you to know you gave me a real breakthrough on finding Sarah Jane
> Goodrich Blankenship in the Hill County, Texas, 1900 Census. All I knew
> was
> that the Goodriches had disappeared to Texas after the murder, and I never
> until
> now had a clue what became of the actual ax killer though she was
> justified.
> This is a tremendous help, and I don't know how you do it. Was the Calico
> Rock Progress in existence in the 1880s? The killing happened sometime
> after
> the 1880 Census, and I cannot find or never have been find an actual
> written
> account of the murder. Since the courthouse burned in 1889, there goes
> my
> path that way. If you know of any newspaper archive that might have
> carried a
> story this big in the 1880s, please let me know. I will look anywhere if
> just know where to look. I just don't know what was available to be
> published
> in that time period, and I know the Melbourne Times did not start until
> 1896. So if you can help me at all or come up with any suggestions, I
> would be
> happier than a dog with a cat treed.
>
> Mike Walker

This thread: