From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD] A. J. Green
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 01:04:54 -0500

By accident I ran across this article tonight.

Hatch, Batch and Dispatch by Margie Garr
index to the Baxter Bulletin newspaper of Mt Home

issue dated March 6, 1931
Died: Major A. J. Green, age 75 of Izard County. He was one of the first
forest Guards when the Ozard National Forest was set apart by the
government. He lived in the heart of the reserve and lived a long number of
year in the mountains south of Calico Rock. He leaves several children; his
eldest son, Geroge is the game warden in that section.
====
Now that I had a date to go by I checked the Calico Rock Progress
Mar 6, 1931 - Death
A. J. Green age about 80 died at his home in Stone County near this place
Sunday night following an illness of pneumonia. He is survived by three
sons, George, Ray and Francis.
========
Ark Death Record Index
Green, Alva Jef.... d. 3-1-1931 in Stone County
Green, Martha 12-23-1928 in Stone

She was listed in 1920 but not in 1930 census soooooooo

1930 Rorie Twp Stone County (index shows Rarie)
family # 2
Greene (note the e on the end)
Francis M. 43 md at age 41
Mahala 24 md at age 23
Alva J. 0/12 son
Alva J. no age given WD md age 25 father
(index shows both Alvas as Alma)

family living next door at # 1
Greene, George W.
need this info will send