ARIZARD-L Archives

Archiver > ARIZARD > 2006-09 > 1158945846


From: Ilene Stevenson <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] ARIZARD Digest, Vol 1, Issue 159
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 12:24:06 -0500
References: <mailman.5154.1158943125.27940.arizard@rootsweb.com>


Hi Bud, Has she got all you have? If so , I think I have shared with you
about all I have. Maby a few more things but they may be in that part of my
memory that shuts down once in a while. Ha I was very fortunate to know alot
of those people very good. So guess she will email me if she needs to know
more. The cemetery at Pleasant Plains will have alot of them, I'm sure. I
know Uncle Richard, Theodore, Pearly his wife, And Aunt Sarie Everidge Lamb
is there. When Uncle Richard died, they lived in Jenks, Okla. He was a
welder for the Boilermaker's . He had a bad heart, they all did, They took
him to St. John's in Tulsa & revived him for a short time & brought him back
to Pleasant Plains to a home they owned there & had his viewing in the
living room. I was 15 years old. The Lamb's had beautiful Blue eyes, & dark
hair. After that I went to Jenks & lived with Aunt Ruth , then we moved to
Pleasant Plains & raised CHICKENS!! Then I married my sweetie & moved on!!
What a lifetime ago!! Have a great day. Ilene
----- Original Message -----
From: <>
To: <>
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2006 11:38 AM
Subject: ARIZARD Digest, Vol 1, Issue 159


>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
> 1. Re: ARIZARD Digest, Vol 1, Issue 153 (E.A. Bud Hendrix)
> 2. Re: Byler, Rose, Bruce, Anderson - Don (Wilma Norton)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 10:44:34 -0500
> From: "E.A. Bud Hendrix" <>
> Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] ARIZARD Digest, Vol 1, Issue 153
> To: <>
> Message-ID: <000801c6de5e$018a70e0$>
> Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1";
> reply-type=original
>
> Ilene !
> April is part of that family she from Jesse Lamb side Charly brother
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Ilene Stevenson" <>
> To: <>
> Sent: Friday, September 22, 2006 9:11 AM
> Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] ARIZARD Digest, Vol 1, Issue 153
>
>
>> To April Lamb : What Lambs are you looking for? I have some information &
>> Bud Hendrix has alot. Stone County & Pleasant Plains south of Batesville
>> are
>> where alot of the Lambs are. The Cemetery in Pleasant Plains has alot of
>> them. One being my uncle. Ilene Stevenson
>>
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: <>
>> To: <>
>> Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2006 6:50 PM
>> Subject: ARIZARD Digest, Vol 1, Issue 153
>>
>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Today's Topics:
>>>
>>> 1. Re: Giving Credit Where It is Due (Pat Miller)
>>> 2. Lamb - April (Vera Reeves)
>>> 3. coperight law (Vera Reeves)
>>> 4. Re: Byler, Rose, Bruce, Anderson (Don Ott)
>>> 5. Re: Joseph Love Byler descendants (Roger Harvell)
>>> 6. Re: Small family Baxter Co., AR (M Powell)
>>> 7. Please publish my data (Don Ott)
>>>
>>>
>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> Message: 1
>>> Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 17:08:23 -0500
>>> From: Pat Miller <>
>>> Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] Giving Credit Where It is Due
>>> To:
>>> Message-ID: <>
>>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>>>
>>> April,
>>> It is very frustrating not to know the people who came before you. My
>>> father was adopted and didn't find anything until he was in his late
>>> 70's. that's 70 years old plus. As time goes along there will be more
>>> information available online and in other places. What have you done
>>> besides post to this site? I found nothing about my family where they
>>> lived, but found information in all sorts of other places. Then I found
>>> information from where they lived. I have only been researching for
>>> three years and am past age 60, so it will come, believe me, it will
>>> come.
>>> Pat Miller
>>> April S. Stansberry wrote:
>>>> I understand being upset if they publish a book or something, but isn't
>>>> that
>>>> what we are all here for is to find ancestors? I find a lot of
>>>> information
>>>> on other peoples pages, I verify it where I can and then I post it too.
>>>> As
>>>> for interviewing people, I am 27 years old and I have been doing this
>>>> for
>>>> about 5 years but all of my family who knew anything are dead and have
>>>> been
>>>> for some time. My last grandparent died when I was 13, LONG before I
>>>> ever
>>>> thought to ask about family history. My aunts and uncles have no
>>>> information
>>>> I can use anymore, I can't even find the names of my Great Great
>>>> grandparents on my father's side! No one knows if my great grandfather
>>>> had
>>>> siblings and there seems to be no record of his parents anywhere. I
>>>> can't
>>>> even get a death certificate for my great grandfather because the only
>>>> dates
>>>> I have are he was in the census in 1920, but can't find him in 1930,
>>>> BUT
>>>> his
>>>> second wife is living with her mother and says married... So if I
>>>> happen
>>>> across someones page that has information on it I will email them, but
>>>> if
>>>> they don't respond I will take the information. I can't begin to
>>>> explain
>>>> how
>>>> frustrating it is to be the only person in my family who is researching
>>>> and
>>>> can't seem to find any help. I have posted repeatedly to this list and
>>>> others and have only found one very small item which only filled in a
>>>> sibling...
>>>>
>>>> April S. Lamb Stansberry
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> -------------------------------
>>>> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
>>>> with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
>>>> quotes in the subject and the body of the message
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>> Message: 2
>>> Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 17:30:48 -0500
>>> From: "Vera Reeves" <>
>>> Subject: [ARIZARD] Lamb - April
>>> To: <>
>>> Message-ID: <000901c6ddcd$96857280$>
>>> Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1";
>>> reply-type=original
>>>
>>> Are you looking for information on the Lambs around Izard County, AR ?
>>>
>>> Vera
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>> Message: 3
>>> Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 18:13:36 -0500
>>> From: "Vera Reeves" <>
>>> Subject: [ARIZARD] coperight law
>>> To: <>
>>> Message-ID: <000d01c6ddd3$915d3300$>
>>> Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1";
>>> reply-type=original
>>>
>>> I am only discussing something that is "original" and not something in
>>>> public records, like birth, death, marriage etc. But, something
>>>> written
>>>> up as a story has copyright involved.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>
>>> Pat,
>>>
>>> Can you or anyone tell me about the copyright law on using the
>>> obituaries
>>> from the old papers?
>>> I need to know before I can sale the obits I have on CD as a money maker
>>> for
>>> the Izard County Historical Society.
>>> Don't want to have to hire a lawyer to find out.
>>>
>>> I once heard if they were over 70 years old I could sale them without
>>> worrying about it. I have some that are only 50 years old. Of coarse I
>>> would
>>> note the name of the newspaper.
>>>
>>> Vera
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>> Message: 4
>>> Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 18:17:08 -0500
>>> From: Don Ott <>
>>> Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] Byler, Rose, Bruce, Anderson
>>> To:
>>> Message-ID: <>
>>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"; format=flowed
>>>
>>> Wilma,
>>> Think there is something wrong with the 1900 census. Note
>>> that Joseph Byler, father of A.C. is living just up the road a couple
>>> of houses and his wife should be Rebecca R. but they show his wife
>>> as Lettie W. married 30 years. And I did not know that Joseph had a
>>> son Apr 1883 named Joseph?
>>> Remember in 1880 A.C. and wife Ann had a daughter Millie who
>>> was 1 year old, now they have Della R. who is 20 to replace that child.
>>> Not much of this makes sense, but then the census was only
>>> as good as the person who wrote down the information and the content
>>> of what the census taker was given.
>>> Don
>>>
>>>
>>> At 11:44 AM 21-09-06, you wrote:
>>>>Roger, was Anna Lois ever referred to as Rachel R.? Reason I'm asking,
>>>>I've
>>>>found Ann Byler in 1880 census as wife to A. C. Byler, age 23; then in
>>>>1900
>>>>census as Rachel R., wife to A.C. Byler, age 43 md22years. Then in 1910
>>>>census I find her again as Annie Byler (wife of A.C.), age 53 md32y had
>>>>8
>>>>children, 7 living. Carroll Hayden's book has her death as Jan 1, 1910,
>>>>but
>>>>I have to question that as she is listed in the 1910 census which was
>>>>taken
>>>>in April that year. The exact page she and A.C. are listed on doesn't
>>>>have
>>>>a date, but from checking the pages before and after, it was sometime in
>>>>April.
>>>>
>>>>Wilma
>>>>----- Original Message -----
>>>>From: "Roger Harvell" <>
>>>>To: <>
>>>>Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 7:33 PM
>>>>Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] Byler, Rose, Bruce, Anderson
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> > Anderson Rose circa 1811 - Apr 1, 1860 & Celia Lee circa 1814 - after
>>>> > 1891
>>>> >
>>>> > ----- Original Message -----
>>>> > From: "Don Ott" <>
>>>> > To: <>
>>>> > Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 6:44 PM
>>>> > Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] Byler, Rose, Bruce, Anderson
>>>> >
>>>> >
>>>> >> Who were the parents of Angelina "Anna Lois" "Ann" Rose?
>>>> >> Don
>>>> >>
>>>> >>
>>>> >>
>>>> >> At 11:55 PM 19-09-06, you wrote:
>>>> >> >Wow Vera
>>>> >> >
>>>> >> >I had a death date of 1908 for this Anny ROSE Byler - but, this
>>>> >> >1913
>>>> >> >date
>>>> >> >sure makes more sense.
>>>> >> >
>>>> >> >It appears that shortly after the Annie's death; her widower who
>>>> >> >was
>>>> > named
>>>> >> >Augustus Calvin Byler had a serious altercation with his daughter;
>>>> >> >Lettie
>>>> >> >Byler Bruce's father-in-law?
>>>> >> >
>>>> >> >It appears that A. C. Byler was insistent on marrying a much
>>>> >> >younger
>>>> > woman
>>>> >> >named Anderson - a granddaughter of Gideon Blackburn "Gid" Bruce -
>>>> >> >the
>>>> >> >father-in-law of Lettie and father of her husband; William Walter
>>>> >> >Bruce.
>>>> >> >
>>>> >> >Real sad story for all involved and would anyone know who the Bruce
>>>> > daughter
>>>> >> >was that was married to an Anderson - and who was the Anderson?
>>>> >> >
>>>> >> ><<This issue is on a roll of film between 28 July 1914 and 27 Aug
>>>> >> >1914
>>>> > but
>>>> >> >the date on the front page of the paper shows Thursday August 14,
>>>> >> >1913 -
>>>> >> >Killed With An Axe, G. B. Bruce Killed by A. C. Byler Yesterday
>>>> >> >
>>>> >> >G. B. "Uncle Gid" Bruce of Lunenburg township, met his death
>>>> >> >yesterday,
>>>> >> >(Thursday) morning in an altercation with A. C. Byler, who until a
>>>> >> >year
>>>> > ago
>>>> >> >was also a citizen of Lunenburg township, but whose home is now at
>>>> >> >Plano,
>>>> >> >Collin County, Texas.
>>>> >> >
>>>> >> >Mr Byler arrived in ths county some three weeks ago and it is said
>>>> >> >the
>>>> > fact
>>>> >> >soon became known that he intended to wed Miss Elzie Anderson, a
>>>> >> >granddaughter of Mr Bruce. To this Mr Bruce strenuously objected,
>>>> >> >and
>>>> >> >it
>>>> > is
>>>> >> >alleged on Last Tuesday hunted up Byler and with a double barreled
>>>> > shotgun
>>>> >> >drawn and cocked, ordered him to leave the state within three days
>>>> >> >or
>>>> >> >die
>>>> >> >Thursday morning. He was traveling the public road and when at a
>>>> >> >point
>>>> > near
>>>> >> >the blacksmith shop conducted by Mr Bruce and his son he was
>>>> >> >attacked
>>>> >> >by
>>>> > Mr
>>>> >> >Bruce who threw several rocks at Mr Byler and then threw a dounble
>>>> >> >bit
>>>> > axe
>>>> >> >at him. At this juncture Mr Byler picked up the axe and turned on
>>>> >> >Mr
>>>> > Bruce
>>>> >> >hitting him, it is claimed two blows, one of which cut a gash in
>>>> >> >his
>>>> >> >back
>>>> >> >and the other crushed the skull.
>>>> >> >
>>>> >> >The altercation occurred at 8 o'clock in the morning and Mr Bruce
>>>> >> >lived
>>>> >> >until 3 o'clock in the afternoon and never regained consciousness.
>>>> >> >
>>>> >> >Mr Bruce is a blacksmith, is 74 years old and has resided in this
>>>> >> >county
>>>> >> >practicallly all his life.>>
>>>> >> >
>>>> >> >Pretty crazy, I would say! I THINK that A. C. Byler returned to
>>>> >> >Texas
>>>> > and
>>>> >> >found a bride there. I suppose he was acquitted? My records show
>>>> >> >that
>>>> > he
>>>> >> >died November 26, 1936 in a community called George West, Texas.
>>>> >> >
>>>> >> >
>>>> >> >Bernie Moore-Knowles
>>>> >> >Papa'aloa, Hawai'i
>>>> >> >
>>>> >> >"I have Indian blood in me. I have just enough White blood for you
>>>> >> >to
>>>> >> >question my honesty." ........Will Rogers
>>>> >> >
>>>> >> >----- Original Message -----
>>>> >> >From: "Vera Reeves" <>
>>>> >> >To: <>
>>>> >> >Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 1:41 PM
>>>> >> >Subject: [ARIZARD] Byler - Walker
>>>> >> >
>>>> >> >
>>>> >> > > Melbourne newspaper - Jan 9, 1913 (not sure of the date of this
>>>> >> > > issue,
>>>> > it
>>>> >> >is Jan 1913 before the 19th)
>>>> >> > >
>>>> >> > > Mrs Ann Byler, wife of A. C. Byler, died the first day of this
>>>> >> > > month
>>>> > at
>>>> >> >the residence of her daughter, Mrs Della Walker. Mrs Byler was a
>>>> >> >good
>>>> > woman
>>>> >> >and a good neighbor, and has a host of friends who mourn her death.
>>>> >> >She
>>>> >> >leaves a husband and seven children; Mrs Della Walker, Mrs Lettie
>>>> >> >Bone,
>>>> > Mrs
>>>> >> >Bessie Williams and two boys, Alferd and Joe here and two daughters
>>>> >> >in
>>>> >> >Texas. Mrs Lillie Ginn and Mrs Roxie Simmons. Weep not for her but
>>>> >> >so
>>>> > live
>>>> >> >that you can meet her where parting will be no more.
>>>> >> > >
>>>> >> > > -------------------------------
>>>> >> > > To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
>>>> >> > with the word 'unsubscribe' without
>>>> >> >the
>>>> > quotes
>>>> >> >in the subject and the body of the message
>>>> >> > >
>>>> >> >
>>>> >> >
>>>> >> >
>>>> >> >-------------------------------
>>>> >> >To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
>>>> >> > with the word 'unsubscribe' without
>>>> >> >the
>>>> >> >quotes in the subject and the body of the message
>>>> >>
>>>> >>
>>>> >>
>>>> >> -------------------------------
>>>> >> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
>>>> > with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
>>>> > quotes
>>>> > in the subject and the body of the message
>>>> >
>>>> >
>>>> > -------------------------------
>>>> > To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
>>>> > with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
>>>> > quotes in the subject and the body of the message
>>>> >
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>-------------------------------
>>>>To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
>>>> with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
>>>>quotes in the subject and the body of the message
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>> Message: 5
>>> Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 18:44:34 -0500
>>> From: "Roger Harvell" <>
>>> Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] Joseph Love Byler descendants
>>> To: <>
>>> Message-ID: <000801c6ddd7$e44879e0$>
>>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>>>
>>> Descendants of Joseph Love Byler
>>>
>>> 1 Joseph Love Byler b: Oct 1, 1834 d: Mar 31, 1907
>>> .. +Rachel R. Gray b: circa 1838
>>> .... 2 Augustus Calvin Byler b: Jul 31, 1857 d: Nov 26, 1936 in
>>> George
>>> West, Texas
>>> ........ +Angelina (Anna Lois) Rose b: circa 1857 d: Jan 1, 1913 in
>>> Izard
>>> County, Arkansas
>>> .......... 3 Willis Byler b: circa 1879
>>> .......... 3 Della Rosetta Byler b: Sep 26, 1878 in Marker says Sep
>>> 9,
>>> 1878-Pension application says Sep 9, 1877 d: Apr 13, 1933 in Lunenburg
>>> Cemetery, Izard County, Arkansas
>>> .............. +Barret"Bart" F Ginn m: Nov 29, 1900 in Izard County, Ar
>>> b:
>>> Apr 1879 in Arkansas d: Bef. 1910
>>> .......... *2nd Husband of Della Rosetta Byler:
>>> .............. +Christopher Greenleaf Titsworth Walker m: Mar 10, 1910
>>> in
>>> Izard County, Arkansas b: Nov 14, 1846 d: Jan 19, 1931
>>> .......... 3 Legetrude "Lillie" Byler b: Jun 1881
>>> .............. +John Dixon Ginn m: Dec 24, 1898 in Lunenburg, Izard
>>> County,
>>> Arkansas b: Dec 1874 in Arkansas
>>> .......... 3 Lettie Byler b: Nov 18, 1883 d: Mar 4, 1958 in Izard
>>> County,
>>> Arkansas
>>> .............. +William Walter Bruce m: May 13, 1906 in Melbourne,
>>> Izard
>>> County, Arkansas b: Sep 21, 1877 in Izard County, Arkansas d: Jul 9,
>>> 1948
>>> in
>>> Izard County, Arkansas
>>> .......... 3 Roxie Byler b: Oct 1886
>>> .............. +Robert Cooper m: Sep 13, 1908 in Melbourne, Izard
>>> County,
>>> Arkansas
>>> .......... *2nd Husband of Roxie Byler:
>>> .............. +Albert Simmons m: Aft. 1908 b: circa 1889 in Tennessee
>>> .......... 3 Alfred Monroe Byler b: Jul 26, 1888 d: May 12, 1982 in
>>> Texas
>>> at about 95 years of age.
>>> .............. +Vernice Ray Odle m: Jul 27, 1913 in Collin County,
>>> Texas
>>> b:
>>> Sep 23, 1898 in Texas [Birthday from Texas death certificate #5429] d:
>>> Dec
>>> 1, 1951 in Collin County, Texas
>>> .......... 3 Bessie E. Byler b: Mar 1891 d: Jul 20, 1909 in
>>> Melbourne,
>>> Izard County, Arkansas
>>> .............. +Sterling R Williams b: circa 1888
>>> .......... 3 Joseph Love Byler b: Jan 6, 1895 in Adler/Sandy Flats,
>>> Izard
>>> County, Arkansas d: May 19, 1919 in On board ship returning from WWI.
>>> .............. +Pearl Stout
>>> .... *2nd Wife of Augustus Calvin Byler:
>>> ........ +Bula Kolocha
>>> .......... 3 August Marvin Byler b: Sep 5, 1923 d: Dec 20, 1997
>>> .......... 3 Hershall Lewis Byler b: Mar 1925 d: in George West,
>>> Texas
>>> .... 2 Mary Elizabeth Byler b: Mar 14, 1859 in Rocky Bayou, Izard
>>> County,
>>> Arkansas d: Nov 6, 1938 in Ada, Pontotoc County, Oklahoma
>>> ........ +Benjamin Franklin Bray b: Jun 10, 1857 in Benton Township,
>>> Cedar
>>> County, Missouri d: Aug 27, 1932 in Byron, Fulton County, Arkansas
>>> .......... 3 Rachel Elizabeth Bray b: Feb 1879
>>> .............. +George Washington McElmurry m: Mar 20, 1901 b: Nov 1878
>>> in
>>> Byron, Fulton County, Arkansas d: Feb 13, 1917 in Ada, Pontotoc County,
>>> Oklahoma
>>> .......... 3 Peter Benjamin Bray b: Oct 24, 1880 d: Apr 27, 1962 in
>>> Byron, Fulton County, Arkansas
>>> .............. +Anna Bell Perryman m: Apr 2, 1905 in Byron, Fulton
>>> County,
>>> Arkansas b: Sep 10, 1882 in Fulton County, Arkansas d: Jul 2, 1968 in
>>> Salem,
>>> Fulton County, Arkansas
>>> .......... 3 W.F. Bray b: Mar 20, 1882
>>> .......... 3 Infant Bray b: Mar 20, 1882
>>> .......... 3 Joseph Bray b: Oct 24, 1884 d: Nov 8, 1971 in Salem,
>>> Fulton
>>> County, Arkansas
>>> .............. +Artie Clarice Neal m: Apr 22, 1906 b: Apr 5, 1884 d:
>>> Dec
>>> 17, 1944
>>> .......... 3 Tennessee Bray b: Mar 24, 1886 d: Jun 24, 1960 in Byron,
>>> Fulton County, Arkansas
>>> .............. +John William Raney m: Jul 1, 1907 in Byron, Fulton
>>> County,
>>> Arkansas b: Oct 6, 1884 d: Jan 15, 1970 in West Plains, Howell County,
>>> Missouri
>>> .......... 3 Leonard Bray b: May 20, 1889
>>> .......... 3 Ernest Bray b: Jun 15, 1891
>>> .......... 3 Minnie Ethel Bray b: Jun 30, 1893
>>> .......... 3 Lehland Bray b: Jun 13, 1896 d: May 21, 1972
>>> .......... 3 Emily Bray b: Aug 31, 1898
>>> .... 2 Medean "Middle Ann" Byler b: Oct 2, 1861 d: Jul 8, 1931 in
>>> Plano,
>>> Texas
>>> ........ +James W. Landers m: circa 1880 in Izard County, Arkansas b:
>>> circa
>>> 1858 d: Oct 13, 1898 in Lunenburg, Izard County, Arkansas
>>> .......... 3 Zoa Elizabeth Landers b: Nov 23, 1880
>>> .............. +John W Driskell m: Feb 19, 1900 in Izard County,
>>> Arkansas
>>> b: circa 1877
>>> .......... *2nd Husband of Zoa Elizabeth Landers:
>>> .............. +William Edward Sipe m: Apr 5, 1908 in Izard County,
>>> Arkansas b: May 3, 1884
>>> .......... *3rd Husband of Zoa Elizabeth Landers:
>>> .............. +Joe Marshall Thompson m: Aft. 1909
>>> .......... 3 Katie Dell Landers b: Oct 16, 1883
>>> .......... 3 Joseph Sim Landers b: Feb 15, 1884
>>> .............. +Maude Evaline Sims m: Jan 13, 1906 b: Mar 3, 1888 d:
>>> Jun
>>> 10, 1968
>>> .......... 3 Lawrence Landers b: Feb 14, 1888
>>> .............. +Eva Standerfer m: Dec 5, 1909 in McKinney, Collin
>>> County,
>>> Texas b: Apr 10, 1894
>>> .......... 3 Raymond Landers b: Sep 4, 1890
>>> .......... 3 Lewis Harter Landers b: Jun 24, 1893
>>> .......... 3 Archie Houston Landers b: Jan 8, 1897 d: Bef. 1920
>>> .............. +Willie Mae Odle b: Oct 26, 1899 in Texas
>>> .... *2nd Husband of Medean "Middle Ann" Byler:
>>> ........ +Alexander Ray m: Feb 22, 1905 in Izard County, Ar
>>> .... 2 Sarah J. Byler b: circa 1864
>>> .... 2 Melissa Byler b: circa 1866
>>> .... 2 Barbara Raechel Byler b: Apr 15, 1870 in Izard County,
>>> Arkansas
>>> d:
>>> Mar 22, 1937
>>> ........ +Milton Henry Walters b: Aug 26, 1861 in Kentucky d: Jul 16,
>>> 1946
>>> .......... 3 Joseph Gardner Walters b: Jul 3, 1886 in Izard County,
>>> Arkansas d: Oct 19, 1928
>>> .............. +Nettie Roxie McAfee b: Jul 17, 1889 in Texas d: Sep 9,
>>> 1961
>>> .......... 3 John Martin Walters b: 1889 d: 1959
>>> .............. +Mary Nina Unknown b: 1890 d: 1980
>>> .......... 3 William Hayden Walters b: Feb 21, 1891 in Melbourne,
>>> Izard
>>> County, Arkansas
>>> .............. +Myrtie W Unknown b: circa 1896 in Texas
>>> .......... 3 Oscar Marvin Walters b: Jan 11, 1894 in Izard County,
>>> Arkansas d: in WWI [See notes]
>>> .......... 3 Charles O Walters b: Sep 26, 1896
>>> .......... 3 Edna Lee Walters b: circa 1900
>>> .............. +Benjamin F Thomas
>>> .......... 3 Logan Byler Walters b: Jun 7, 1903 d: Dec 25, 1987
>>> .............. +Fleta Alene Kirkland b: Jul 28, 1903 d: Dec 21, 1986
>>> .......... 3 Raymond Walters b: circa 1906
>>> .......... 3 Audie Mae Walters b: circa 1908
>>> *2nd Wife of Joseph Love Byler:
>>> .. +Lettie Woody b: Jan 21, 1844 d: Nov 18, 1906
>>> .... 2 Dixie E Byler b: 1872 d: Jan 14, 1948
>>> ........ +James"Maden" Gilbert b: Jul 16, 1872 d: Feb 23, 1945
>>> .......... 3 Van Aubrey Gilbert b: Feb 12, 1902 d: Feb 18, 1903
>>> .... 2 Edna Byler b: circa 1877
>>> .... 2 Joseph Goldman Byler b: Apr 25, 1883 d: Feb 2, 1904
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>> Message: 6
>>> Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:49:31 -0700 (PDT)
>>> From: M Powell <>
>>> Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] Small family Baxter Co., AR
>>> To:
>>> Message-ID: <>
>>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
>>>
>>> Vera,
>>>
>>> THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. Now can I take that as proof that Eva
>>> Cunningham married James J. Small, grin! Think it will be a good start!
>>> It's funny but the Phillips name is ringing a bell with me, have to find
>>> where I have something about it. I just found it, Myrtle May Wood
>>> Cunningham had a sister named Ozella. I have a note that she married a
>>> Phillips. I wonder if any connection to Zelma's husband. Thank you
>>> also
>>> for the 1900 census, I never would have found them. They did mess
>>> Martha's name up, didn't they?
>>>
>>> Thank you again,
>>>
>>> Marguerette
>>>
>>>
>>> Vera Reeves <> wrote:
>>> > I cannot find James J. Small born about 1900 in 1930 census.
>>>> >>>>>>>>
>>>
>>> Marguerette
>>>
>>> Baxter Bulletin dated 21 Dec 1961
>>> James Jasper Small of Norfork
>>> d. Saturday in Batesville, AR
>>> buried Galatia Cemetery
>>> b. Feb 15, 1900 Wild Cherry
>>> s/o Andren Jackson Small and
>>> Vina Starrett Small (where did that come from?)
>>> Survivors are wife Mrs Eva Small
>>> 2 sons, James & Melvin
>>> 4 daughters
>>> Mrs Zelma Phillps
>>> Mrs Zella Davis
>>> Anna Faye and Mary Jane Small
>>> 3 brothers, John, Leslie & Zion
>>> 3 sisters
>>> Mrs Mary Simpson
>>> Mrs Anna Weatherford
>>> Mrs Ruby Dobbs
>>>
>>> Galatia Cemetery
>>> Small, James J.
>>> 15 Feb 1900
>>> 16 Dec 1961
>>>
>>> Small, Evah R.
>>> 8 Jul 1912
>>> 24 Jan 1989
>>>
>>> Evah died in Wynn, Cross County, AR
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> -------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
>>> with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
>>> quotes in the subject and the body of the message
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>> Message: 7
>>> Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 18:50:02 -0500
>>> From: Don Ott <>
>>> Subject: [ARIZARD] Please publish my data
>>> To:
>>> Message-ID: <>
>>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"; format=flowed
>>>
>>> Please feel free to publish anything I have as many times as you
>>> want and sell it or give it to as many people as you can contact. All
>>> of that will help me and an awful lot of other folks with their brick
>>> walls. If I decide to publish a book later I really don't think my
>>> sales will be impacted.
>>> Don Ott
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>> To contact the ARIZARD list administrator, send an email to
>>> .
>>>
>>> To post a message to the ARIZARD mailing list, send an email to
>>> .
>>>
>>> __________________________________________________________
>>> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
>>>
>>> with the word "unsubscribe" without the quotes in the subject and the
>>> body
>>> of the
>>> email with no additional text.
>>>
>>>
>>> End of ARIZARD Digest, Vol 1, Issue 153
>>> ***************************************
>>
>>
>> -------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
>> with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
>> quotes in the subject and the body of the message
>>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 10:36:42 -0500
> From: "Wilma Norton" <>
> Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] Byler, Rose, Bruce, Anderson - Don
> To: <>
> Message-ID: <002901c6de5c$e792c170$>
> Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1";
> reply-type=original
>
> Don, I can agree that there are errors in the 1900 census (and other years
> too), but -- first of all, Joseph Byler married a Lettie W. Woody around
> 1870 and they had three children that I've found so far. Rachel died ca.
> 1868. This according to the Izard Co. cemetery book and Carroll's book on
> the Bylers.
>
> According to the "Priors" cd, Lettie Woody had a son, Joseph Goldman
> Byler,
> April 25, 1883 in Izard County. According to the Byler book and the 1880
> census, they also had: Dixie E. b. 1872 and Edna b. 1877.
>
> Re the 1880 census on A.C. -- the daughter's name looked like "Willie" to
> me -- could be "Millie" too, but in any case, Ann in the 1900 census had 8
> children, 7 living - so I've assumed Willie or Millie passed away before
> 1900 census.
>
> Wilma
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Don Ott" <>
> To: <>
> Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2006 6:17 PM
> Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] Byler, Rose, Bruce, Anderson
>
>
>> Wilma,
>> Think there is something wrong with the 1900 census. Note
>> that Joseph Byler, father of A.C. is living just up the road a couple
>> of houses and his wife should be Rebecca R. but they show his wife
>> as Lettie W. married 30 years. And I did not know that Joseph had a
>> son Apr 1883 named Joseph?
>> Remember in 1880 A.C. and wife Ann had a daughter Millie who
>> was 1 year old, now they have Della R. who is 20 to replace that child.
>> Not much of this makes sense, but then the census was only
>> as good as the person who wrote down the information and the content
>> of what the census taker was given.
>> Don
>>
>>
>> At 11:44 AM 21-09-06, you wrote:
>>>Roger, was Anna Lois ever referred to as Rachel R.? Reason I'm asking,
>>>I've
>>>found Ann Byler in 1880 census as wife to A. C. Byler, age 23; then in
>>>1900
>>>census as Rachel R., wife to A.C. Byler, age 43 md22years. Then in 1910
>>>census I find her again as Annie Byler (wife of A.C.), age 53 md32y had 8
>>>children, 7 living. Carroll Hayden's book has her death as Jan 1, 1910,
>>>but
>>>I have to question that as she is listed in the 1910 census which was
>>>taken
>>>in April that year. The exact page she and A.C. are listed on doesn't
>>>have
>>>a date, but from checking the pages before and after, it was sometime in
>>>April.
>>>
>>>Wilma
>>>----- Original Message -----
>>>From: "Roger Harvell" <>
>>>To: <>
>>>Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 7:33 PM
>>>Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] Byler, Rose, Bruce, Anderson
>>>
>>>
>>> > Anderson Rose circa 1811 - Apr 1, 1860 & Celia Lee circa 1814 - after
>>> > 1891
>>> >
>>> > ----- Original Message -----
>>> > From: "Don Ott" <>
>>> > To: <>
>>> > Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 6:44 PM
>>> > Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] Byler, Rose, Bruce, Anderson
>>> >
>>> >
>>> >> Who were the parents of Angelina "Anna Lois" "Ann" Rose?
>>> >> Don
>>> >>
>>> >>
>>> >>
>>> >> At 11:55 PM 19-09-06, you wrote:
>>> >> >Wow Vera
>>> >> >
>>> >> >I had a death date of 1908 for this Anny ROSE Byler - but, this 1913
>>> >> >date
>>> >> >sure makes more sense.
>>> >> >
>>> >> >It appears that shortly after the Annie's death; her widower who was
>>> > named
>>> >> >Augustus Calvin Byler had a serious altercation with his daughter;
>>> >> >Lettie
>>> >> >Byler Bruce's father-in-law?
>>> >> >
>>> >> >It appears that A. C. Byler was insistent on marrying a much younger
>>> > woman
>>> >> >named Anderson - a granddaughter of Gideon Blackburn "Gid" Bruce -
>>> >> >the
>>> >> >father-in-law of Lettie and father of her husband; William Walter
>>> >> >Bruce.
>>> >> >
>>> >> >Real sad story for all involved and would anyone know who the Bruce
>>> > daughter
>>> >> >was that was married to an Anderson - and who was the Anderson?
>>> >> >
>>> >> ><<This issue is on a roll of film between 28 July 1914 and 27 Aug
>>> >> >1914
>>> > but
>>> >> >the date on the front page of the paper shows Thursday August 14,
>>> >> >1913 -
>>> >> >Killed With An Axe, G. B. Bruce Killed by A. C. Byler Yesterday
>>> >> >
>>> >> >G. B. "Uncle Gid" Bruce of Lunenburg township, met his death
>>> >> >yesterday,
>>> >> >(Thursday) morning in an altercation with A. C. Byler, who until a
>>> >> >year
>>> > ago
>>> >> >was also a citizen of Lunenburg township, but whose home is now at
>>> >> >Plano,
>>> >> >Collin County, Texas.
>>> >> >
>>> >> >Mr Byler arrived in ths county some three weeks ago and it is said
>>> >> >the
>>> > fact
>>> >> >soon became known that he intended to wed Miss Elzie Anderson, a
>>> >> >granddaughter of Mr Bruce. To this Mr Bruce strenuously objected,
>>> >> >and
>>> >> >it
>>> > is
>>> >> >alleged on Last Tuesday hunted up Byler and with a double barreled
>>> > shotgun
>>> >> >drawn and cocked, ordered him to leave the state within three days
>>> >> >or
>>> >> >die
>>> >> >Thursday morning. He was traveling the public road and when at a
>>> >> >point
>>> > near
>>> >> >the blacksmith shop conducted by Mr Bruce and his son he was
>>> >> >attacked
>>> >> >by
>>> > Mr
>>> >> >Bruce who threw several rocks at Mr Byler and then threw a dounble
>>> >> >bit
>>> > axe
>>> >> >at him. At this juncture Mr Byler picked up the axe and turned on Mr
>>> > Bruce
>>> >> >hitting him, it is claimed two blows, one of which cut a gash in his
>>> >> >back
>>> >> >and the other crushed the skull.
>>> >> >
>>> >> >The altercation occurred at 8 o'clock in the morning and Mr Bruce
>>> >> >lived
>>> >> >until 3 o'clock in the afternoon and never regained consciousness.
>>> >> >
>>> >> >Mr Bruce is a blacksmith, is 74 years old and has resided in this
>>> >> >county
>>> >> >practicallly all his life.>>
>>> >> >
>>> >> >Pretty crazy, I would say! I THINK that A. C. Byler returned to
>>> >> >Texas
>>> > and
>>> >> >found a bride there. I suppose he was acquitted? My records show
>>> >> >that
>>> > he
>>> >> >died November 26, 1936 in a community called George West, Texas.
>>> >> >
>>> >> >
>>> >> >Bernie Moore-Knowles
>>> >> >Papa'aloa, Hawai'i
>>> >> >
>>> >> >"I have Indian blood in me. I have just enough White blood for you
>>> >> >to
>>> >> >question my honesty." ........Will Rogers
>>> >> >
>>> >> >----- Original Message -----
>>> >> >From: "Vera Reeves" <>
>>> >> >To: <>
>>> >> >Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 1:41 PM
>>> >> >Subject: [ARIZARD] Byler - Walker
>>> >> >
>>> >> >
>>> >> > > Melbourne newspaper - Jan 9, 1913 (not sure of the date of this
>>> >> > > issue,
>>> > it
>>> >> >is Jan 1913 before the 19th)
>>> >> > >
>>> >> > > Mrs Ann Byler, wife of A. C. Byler, died the first day of this
>>> >> > > month
>>> > at
>>> >> >the residence of her daughter, Mrs Della Walker. Mrs Byler was a
>>> >> >good
>>> > woman
>>> >> >and a good neighbor, and has a host of friends who mourn her death.
>>> >> >She
>>> >> >leaves a husband and seven children; Mrs Della Walker, Mrs Lettie
>>> >> >Bone,
>>> > Mrs
>>> >> >Bessie Williams and two boys, Alferd and Joe here and two daughters
>>> >> >in
>>> >> >Texas. Mrs Lillie Ginn and Mrs Roxie Simmons. Weep not for her but
>>> >> >so
>>> > live
>>> >> >that you can meet her where parting will be no more.
>>> >> > >
>>> >> > > -------------------------------
>>> >> > > To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
>>> >> > with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
>>> > quotes
>>> >> >in the subject and the body of the message
>>> >> > >
>>> >> >
>>> >> >
>>> >> >
>>> >> >-------------------------------
>>> >> >To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
>>> >> > with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
>>> >> >quotes in the subject and the body of the message
>>> >>
>>> >>
>>> >>
>>> >> -------------------------------
>>> >> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
>>> > with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
>>> > quotes
>>> > in the subject and the body of the message
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > -------------------------------
>>> > To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
>>> > with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
>>> > quotes in the subject and the body of the message
>>> >
>>>
>>>
>>>-------------------------------
>>>To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
>>> with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
>>>quotes in the subject and the body of the message
>>
>>
>>
>> -------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
>> with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
>> quotes in the subject and the body of the message
>>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> To contact the ARIZARD list administrator, send an email to
> .
>
> To post a message to the ARIZARD mailing list, send an email to
> .
>
> __________________________________________________________
> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
>
> with the word "unsubscribe" without the quotes in the subject and the body
> of the
> email with no additional text.
>
>
> End of ARIZARD Digest, Vol 1, Issue 159
> ***************************************


This thread: