From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD] Kelly
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 10:35:10 -0500

>I am researching, HOUSE, TILLEY, PHIPPS, SANDERS, KESNER, KELLEY, SPERRY,
> BLACK, HICKS, ALSUP, MEDLOCK, ELLISON.
> These lines were all across Northern Arkansas and Southern Missouri.
> Earl D. House
> Sand Springs, OK

Melbourne - Feb 28, 1918 - Obituary
On the 3rd day of January, 1918, the death angel visited the home of James
Kelley taking away his dear, wife, Mrs Mattie Kelley, aged about 38 years.
She had been a member of the Missionary Baptist Church 15 years. She leaves
a husband, mother, two brothers and a host of relatives and friends to mourn
her death.

Mrs Kelley had been afflicted with rheumatism and other diseases about one
year. All was done that physicians and helping hands could do, but the
heavenly Father took her to a better land where there will be no more pain
or death.

It was with sad hearts her husband, mother, brothers, relatives and friend
viewed her remains the last time on earth, but may we meet her in heaven
where there will be no more sad parting. But, oh! It was hard to part with
her but our heavenly Father knows best for "the Lord giveth and the Lord
taketh away." He has taken her home with Him to await the judgment day.

Her body was laid to rest in the Mount Nebo Cemetery Friday, Jan 4, funeral
services were conducted by Eld. Moses Cooper. ----------- A Friend

(Mount Nebo Cemetery- Kelly, Margaret "Mattie" (Harvell) 10 Feb 1878 - 3 Jan
1918 w/o J. A.)

cemetery book shows J. A. Kelly md 27 Sep 1894 b. Jan 1874 - 1928 I found
nothing more on him.

This thread: