From: Don Ott <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Absalom Langston Family
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 17:15:27 -0500

Jean,
The name is spelled so many ways, it probably was meant to
be Christian that is how it is listed in the 1860 Census Arkansas,
Izard, Union. I find them in the 1840 Census in Independence County
AR., I am not sure about the 1850 Census. That may be him listed in
Izard County as James Ellum/Ellam. James served in the Arkansas
Territory Militia. He was in Capt. Jesse Bean's Co., from Batesville,
served for a year from 30 Jul 1832.
Don