From: Paddi <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Morning "Off subject" and Trip to Thayer
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 11:04:28 -0500

Hi Pat,
The courthouse is in Alton about 20 miles from Thayer on Hwy. 19. The
genealogy society is there also. Here in Thayer we do have some
material at the local library and there is a genealogical society also.
There is a large book of obits etc. that a friend of mine compiled and
published. The book is no longer available. In Fulton County, Salem
is the county seat and located about 20 miles also on Hwy. 9. Their
library has a great deal of info and the courthouse is there on the
square also. The small library at Mammoth Spring has a few books.

You didn't mention West Plains, Mo, but it really does have a very nice
selection in their library and they are very helpful. West Plains is
located about 23 miles N of Thayer on Hwy. 63 and it is real easy to
find......if you need directions, just let me know.

I guess by now you have guessed I live in Thayer right on Hwy 63 North.
Paddi