From: lena yager <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] 1860 John Kirby?
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 19:50:50 -0800 (PST)

Bernie
The only John Kirby I could find was in Polk County Mountian Township
Kirby John 24 M Farmer Ala
22 F "
1 M "
I can't read the name of the wife or son. It looks like her middle initial is H and the sons middle initial is L but I can't tell anything more. Hope this helps
Lena

Bernie Moore-Knowles <> wrote:
Hi all

I am looking at one of the marriages for my Smothers and am curious about something. Is there a John Kirby in the 1860 Marion Co., Arkansas census. I am assuming that he would be living near this family:

21 July 1860 Marion Co., Arkansas census, Barren Creek Township, Buffalo City Post Office, Page 119:
SMOTHERS, E. A. 24 M W TN farmer --/100 TN
#829 Sarry 19 F M TN
Doctor F 2 M W AR

John Kirby was a casualty of the Civil War.

Thanks for anyone that has a free moment?

Bernie Moore-Knowles
Papa'aloa, Hawai'i