From: Don Ott <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Jesse Adams/John Quincy
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 20:41:54 -0600

Bill, there were numerous people who provided input for the
Adams line in the Marion County Book. Robert Adams as is posted in
the book was a major contributor. We collected data, met numerous
times before Mysty and Vicky put it to the sheets for print. Mostly
the staff tried to compare submitted data to census files and
numerous other file documents, and combine bits and pieces submitted
by many people.
It was rare that we just printed a single submission by
anyone without trying to check accuracy and completeness. Each of the
people in the society took several surnames and helped with the checking.
I can't answer why someone would want to be called Jesse
rather than John Quincy. Guess that might have been a matter of
personal preference?
Don