Subject: Jesse Adams and Mary Ledford
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 21:53:24 EST

Don:
I have communicated with two of the descendents of Jesse and Mary Ledford
who concluded that Jesse was John Quincy Adams son of Alexander and Syrena
Kellough because they had been told that Jesse was raised by an uncle Wythe
Adams.
What bothered me was that John Q. Adams, son of Alexander and Syrena
Kellough was written up in Goodspeed, page 86 which said that he was married to
Miss Mary E. Sowell of Baxter County and that they were the parents of three sons
and four daughters. John Q. and his sister did move in with Wythe Adams upon
the death of their parents according to the article.
This Jesse is still a mystery to me.
Bill Adams

This thread: