From: Don Ott <>
Subject: [ARIZARD-L] Henry B Sexton-Bernie
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 11:56:18 -0600

Bernie,
I am somewhat confused on your proposal that Mary Benbrook
is the mother of Henry Sexton. If I understand this correctly then
Charles Benbrook and Unknown would be the parents of Mary as well as
Elbert (Old Elbert) and Henry. I did not know that Charles had a
daughter named Mary. I for sure am not an expert on this family.
In the 1850 Census Arkansas, Fulton, Union:
James H. Saxton 38 KY
Marry 27 KY
Charles 21 IL Charles, William and Franky are believed to be
brothers of James or possibly children by a previous wife.
William 19 IL
Franky 17 IL
Martha Jane 4 AR
Henry B. 2 AR
Mary C. 10/12 AR

Now as I recall Charles Benbrook b. ca 1870 died shortly
after Henry Benbrook Sr. was born in 1812. The Mary shown in the 1850
Census, whom I believe is the mother of Henry B. Sexton would have
been born ca. 1823, that is several years after I thought that
Charles Benbrook died?

Don