Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] SUTTERFIELD/1st husband/Ruby HALE--Fern
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:58:42 EST

Fern, you really were lots of help!
Glad to know about that other daughter, I can't recall her but I do remember
those other two girls both Alice Jane and Barbara specifically because it was
my tagging along after them that got me into some of the most serious trouble
with my Mother when I was a little tyke. It must have been a Decoration Day or
a Baptizing at Spring Creek because when Mother saw me----she just had a fit!
I had on little "new" white shoes and little cuffed socks and I had obviously
not noticed that I had walked into a cow "patty" until it was too late. I
won't ever forget the disgust on her face and the lecture I got about "watching
where you are going" in the grass at Spring Creek. Needless to say I was much
more alert to watching for cow "patties" after that rude awakening of running
into one first hand! I don't think that I could have been over 3 1/2 to 4 years
old at the time but I sure understood about watching for cow "patties" after
that unfortunate episode.
Oh, what a laugh!
Beth

In a message dated 11/15/2005 10:40:29 AM Central Standard Time,