From: Jean Strain <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Census Laugh (off topic)
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:39:45 -0800 (PST)

How cute~~~I think if some of them were still alive, they should be shot, for not giving more info, or writing more clearly~~~
Wouldn't it be nice if, on the next census, they would put the maiden names??? An answer to prayers, for sure!!! Thanks Jean in Tx
For instance some of my FOX family are listed as FAX~~~now that's not too funny~~~

Dale Marr <> wrote:
Just found a whole section of the 1900 Ellis Co., TX (Pct. 1, Dist. 14) census where the census taker listed all the female offspring as "Darter." LOL! His first name was "Whipple."

Also found some pages in 1850 Weakley Co., TN (Dist. 5, pp. 453-455) where someone (in different handwriting) made notes next to some of the names, showing women's maiden names and relationship to HOH, corrected the spelling, etc. Must have been when the original records were still available to the public.

Dale