From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Subject: Serena Rose and Zachariah Taylor Davenport
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 23:01:07 -0500

Here I go butting in again:
Not meant to confuse things even more.
ARE there maybe 2 or 3 Zachariah Davenports
I will send what I have and you guys can see if you can straighten it out.

Fairview Cemetery Marion County
Davenport, Zachariah
Conf. Ark. Inf. CSA
7 May 1851 - 3 Dec 1943

Galatia Cemetery Baxter County
Davenport, Zachariah Taylor
7 May 1834 - 3 Dec 1943

Galatia Cemetery information given by descendants. Family puts flowers on
his grave every year. You can see the death dates are the same, some family
members say he's buried in Marion some say Baxter County.

His obit is dated Dec 8, 1943 The Mountain Echo, Yellville, Marion County,
AR
Oldest Resident of Marion County Dies
d. 3 Dec at his niece Mrs Annie Young
at age 109 years, 6 months, 26 days
veteran of Civil War serving with the Union Army
services conducted Flipping Cemetery
survived by 2 dauthers, Mrs Lilly Woods of Cabool, Mo.
Mrs Maggie Cunningham of Norfork
also bro Mr Bill Davenport of Flippin
sister, Mrs Mollie McFarland of Gassville
came to this county from Searcy County something like a year ago
******************
Other info you can check out:
It is said that Zack had at least 5 daughters
Lilly m. Marion Wood
Maggie m. W. Andrew Cunningham
Ollie Josephine m. Henry G. Wood
Effie m. John N. Wood after her death he married her sister
Clara m. John N. Wood

Maggie and husband
John Wood & #3 wife
and some of Zack's family is believe to be buried in unmarked graves near
him at Galatia Cemetery.

No Zachariah Taylor Davenport was listed in the Confederate penison records
but did apply for a Union penison 1926.

This is just some information dug up by others and I can't prove or disprove
it so you can take it for what it's worth. Might give you something to work
with.

> Marguerette, I am sorry I am unable to find the post you are
> talking about, so I can not read your note. I may have posted this
> information because that is data that I have in my files. I show the
> parents of Zachariah Taylor Davenport to be William Davenport b. 30 Jun
> 1800 Whitley Co. KY, and wife Jemima Permelia Lovitt b. 19 Oct 1801,
> Whitley Co. KY.
> As far as Serena Rose being the mother of Zachariah Taylor
> Davenport, I show Serena Rose birth as Nov 1831 and I can find three
> births for Z. T. Davenport, 7 May 1830/1834/1837. One of those is probably
> right, I expect 1830. In any case Serena would not be old enough to be his
> mother, assuming I have the right dates.
> I show that Z.T. died 3 Dec 1863 and Serena remarried Thomas
> Welsher Brassfield on 7 Oct 1873.
> Are we sure the Davenport you found in the census is the same
> person, because if he was born in 1851, the person I have as his mother
> would have been over 50 years old.
> Obviously we have some confusion somewhere, I will try to see what
> I can find. Hopefully some folks on the list will join in the search.
> Thanks
> Don Ott
>

> At 09:00 PM 21-10-05, you wrote:
>>Don,
>>
>>Are you the one who typed in post about Serena Rose, d/o Ephraim and
>>Hannah Lee Bennett Rose who might be wife of Zachariah Taylor Davenport??
>>If so, would you look again at that site and read the post that I added
>>after yours. I am "thinking" that maybe Serena Rose could be the mother
>>of Zachariah Taylor Davenport that is father of all of the Davenport
>>girls, he and Mary Jane Wainwright also had a son named Ashly Davenport.
>>Ashly died between 1910 and 1920. The 1920 Baxter Co., AR census shows
>>his wife as widow, 1910 Izard Co., AR shows hm and family. I would love
>>to find an obit for him! I don't believe that Zack was born that early,
>>some of his line says he was 109 years old when he died but the census
>>follows him through with ages to be born in 1851. That would also fit
>>with him being named "Zachary Taylor"
>>
>>Marguerette

This thread: