From: "Bernie Knowles" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Janie Smith - Welch, Blankenship, Benbrook and Cochran
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 15:56:30 -1000

Vera, Vera, Vera!

A mystery solved for me thanks to the obituary that you posted for Janie
Smith!

Got to tell you...................

Janie's sister; Alice was married to an unknown Blankenship - per your post?
Well, of course with that Blankenship surname popping up - I did some
searching in my records.

It appears that I had a Jim Blankenship that was married to an Alice M.
Cochran on November 21, 1910 and I had no additonal information on her?

But, did have this:

Descendants of ? Cochran

1 ? Cochran

........ 2 Frank Cochran

............ +Alice Maude Welch b: August 28, 1879 m: November 21, 1910 d:
July 29, 1962 Burial: July 31, 1962 Union Cemetery-Fulton Co., Arkansas

........ 2 Mary Cochran

............ +John Wheeler Welch b: March 08, 1886 d: July 09, 1960

........ 2 Alice Cochran

............ +John T. Cypert b: February 27, 1844 in Wayne Co., Tennessee d:
in Texas

Wonder if the surname Cochran is correct or maybe...........Cockrum? Anyone
know anything about these Cochrans?

James L. "Jim" Blankenship (1876-1963) - Alice Welch's second husband - was
the son of William C. Blankenship (1833-1900) and Elizabeth Chase
(1840-1897). William C. Blankenship was a brother to my ggrandfather; James
Calvin Blankinship. Jim Blankenship had a first marriage to Elizabeth
"Lizzie" Benbrook on September 29, 1902. Lizzie Benbrook (b1873) died on
December 15, 1930. Sounds as though Jim Blankenship's marriage to Alice
Welch Cochran may have been following Lizzie's 1930 death date.

Do you know anything, Miss Junebug?

Wow Vera - nice to be back and thanks a bunch!

Bernie Moore-Knowles
Papa'aloa, Hawai'i