From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Subject: Taylor
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:42:54 -0500

I have an appointment so may not get the article scanned until later.
I don't know of Arcany, could it have been Arkana area south of Mt Home.
These Thrashers are buried in the cemetery there
Thrasher, Ed (unmarked) b. d.

Thrasher, Edward Lee b. 16 Aug 1885 d. 12 Nov 1937

Thrasher, Jackson Van Buren (son/of Richard & Mary C. (White) Thrasher)
b. -- Aug 1871 d. -- May 1931

Thrasher, Richard (son/of Tillman & Elizabeth (Nance) (CSA Co I 43 Miss Inf)
b. 1838 d. -- Dec 1905

The Thrasher's came up from Iuka, Tishomingo County, Miss to Iuka, Izard
County area about the time a lot of others came from Miss.I believe Tilman &
wife Elizabeth being the head of the Thrasher's in this area and they are
buried in Galatia Cemetery south of Norfork, Baxter County.

> Would love to have Dad's obit. My mother's parents were Trulan Wayne
> Thrasher and Mary Amy Elizabeth Carey. Mom was born in Arcany/Mountain
> Home area. Thrasher's moved to Wiseman and my Dad's parents Gordie and
> Beulah Taylor lived at Oxford. Thanks! Annita

This thread: