From: "betty cavner" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Bruce obituary
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 12:32:15 -0500

Thank you Jean.
Also had this information on Gid sent to the list by Harold Blevins on Jan
3, 2001, which I pasted to my data. I appreciate Harold and everyone who has
helped me with family information.
This was an especially tragic turn of events, Gideon Blackburn 'Uncle Gid'
Bruce was the son of George W. and Indiana (nee Atkinson) Bruce. Indiana was
the half-sister to Medean Atkinson who married John E. Byler, Augustus'
grandfather. Grandmother Della Byler Walker was said to have fainted when
told of her father's act. Uncle Gid was the father of William Walter Bruce
who married Augustus' daughter Lettie. Great-grandfather was found to have
acted in self defense...RDH