From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Subject: Webb
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 17:59:21 -0500

Calico Rock Progress - Feb 23, 1940 - Well Known Citizen of Union Passes
Away
John Erwin Webb, widely known citizen of this section, died at his home at
Union, Monday night. For the past year he has been in failing health and
returned home only a few days ago from Ft Smith sanitarium, where he had
been under treatment several weeks.

Mr Webb was a native of Tennessee, but has been a resident of Union about 65
years. He lacked a few days of being 75 years of age. Until stricken, he was
unusually alert and energetic for one of his age. Mr Webb united with the
Baptist Church early in life, remaining a devout member until death. He was
prominent in the affairs of his community.

Surviving are his wife; three sons, Shelby of El Reno Okla., Homer of Mtn
Home and William Webb of Calico Rock; three daughters, Mrs Annie Webb, Mrs
Nona O'Kelly and Mrs Eunice Caruthers all of Union. (shows Annie as Mrs
Webb?)

Funeral services, conducted by Rev D. E. Steely of Calico Rock and Rev
Butler of Salem, were held Tuesday afternoon, interment being in Union
Cemetery.

> I'm still seeking Crutchfield, Webb, Cargill, McCart.........and recently
> got to go to Izard County. We were going to my husband's granddaughter's
> high
> school reunion in TX, and spent two days in AR. They were so nice at the
> Courthouse, and I looked through a lot of things. It's so very beautiful
> around
> there.
>
> Barbara

This thread: