From: "Dale Marr" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Estes obituary
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 09:09:43 -0500

Re this obituary and the one you sent yesterday for Henry Thomas Estes:

1. I wonder what the "H" stood for in this man's name. All I've got is "H.T." in my file (from the census), and he was also listed
only as "H" in his father's obit.

2. Re daughter/sister, "June." There's an "Irene" listed in the 1920 and 1930 censuses who is the only female not listed in either
who wasn't known to be deceased prior to 1952. In both it clearly looks like "Irene" to me. Same person?

3. As for June's married name. In one it was spelled "Sacten." In the other it was spelled "Sacton." Those surnames do not occur
in the SSDI, so I suspect both must be misspellings. Anyone know what the name is really supposed to be?

Dale

This thread: