From: <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Chism
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 18:04:03 -0700

The Chism's of Izard County are very elusive----I find them in 1850 census,
but the only one who is in 1860 is a J. H. Chism age 30 that possibly could
be James age 17 in 1850 except for the fact that the 1860 J. H. gives his
birth state as Alabama. BUT the curious part is he names a son Benjamin
(age 3 in 1860) and there is a Henderson Chism in the household, age 14.
Benjamin and Polly (?) Chism have a son Henderson, age 6 in 1850 census.

The above J. H. is the only Chism I found in 1860, didn't find ANY in 1870
or 1880 in Izard. Has anyone else found them in any census after 1850?

Wilma