Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Genealogy - births/Cantrell/Dillard/Talley/Linn-Lynn
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:31:10 +0000

Isn't it remarkable how something can jar your memory. It is just a clear as a bell. I remember seeing Dillards everywhere in the cemetery and she said, "yep, there are a lot of us up here", and at the time I was too young to understand that my great grandfather had married 4 times. She then pointed to a grave, can't remember if it was marked or not, and I'll will bet if I was there, I could show you where it was. It was in the middle of all of the Dillards and she said, this was a scandal, he was murdered for fooling around with another man's wife", so I presume it was true.

I have an uncanny memory for things like that. I went to West Helena for Easter and wanted to find my great grandfather Reidenbaugh's grave. I was there only one time 40 years ago. I pulled in the cemetery and it is a decent sized one, parked the car and walked directly to it. I might have to come to Calico Rock and show you were poor Elija is buried. I do think I could find it.

When I get home from work I will look through the albums again. There are people in there that I don't know and for all I know, Nancy Jane might be there.