From: "Harold Blevins" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] births
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 13:31:56 -0500

> Few more births before Izard County marriage records start in 1889.
>
> Farthing, Richard Reubin b. 3 Feb 1886 Izard County mother Mary Russell

When we moved to the farm in Sage in 1941, Mr. Richard was our closest
neighbor. He and Ms. Alpha (Garner) were lovely people and caring neighbors.
His father was Rev. Richard Thomas Farthing who was a well-known
preacher in Izard and was known a "Hopping Tommy" in some circles due
to his style of moving around while he was preaching. Mr. Richard and
his wife Alpha are buried at Barren Fork in Mt Pleasant.......HRB

This thread: