From: "Peggy Truesdell" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Robert D. HARRIS (Philles)
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 14:19:01 -0600

Philles, it "appears" I have your Robert D. "R. D." HARRIS, b. 1828, TN - d. 17 May 1904, Baxter County, AR [per Masonic Records posted by Vera].

There's a big skip in birth years of children, so there may be additional children out of the home in the 1880 census. These are children I do have:

1) George W. HARRIS, b. abt. 1850, Izard County, AR;
2) John "Owen" HARRIS, b. 12 September 1859, AR - d. abt. 1946, Oakland, CA [should be in CA Death Record Index online]; m. 4 December 1879, Newburg, Izard, AR to Nannie Ann MILBURN;
3) Tennessee HARRIS, b. abt. 1863, Izard County, AR;
4) Robert F. HARRIS, b. abt. 1865, Izard County, AR; and,
5) Carrie HARRIS; b. abt. 1869, Izard County, AR.

Have second marriage for Robert D. "R. D." HARRIS -- BUT no date -- to Lourena Orena JONES (b. abt. 1853, DeKalb County, AL - abt. 1928, Baxter County, AR; buried in Mountain Home Cemetery, Mountain Home, Baxter, AR. She was daughter of George Washington JONES and Elizabeth CHADWICK, who lived and died near or at Buford, Baxter County, AR.

Lourana Orena was widow of James Baily SCHOGGEN, who died in Baxter County, AR on 18 April 1897 -- so marriage to HARRIS after this date.

I have special interest in Lourana's JONES family, as sister of her father became third wife of my great-great-grandfather RIDGWAY. Also have relatives connected to SCHOGGEN -- so that's why I have this data.

Just a few minutes ago was able to merge Robert D. "R. D." HARRIS and Martha unknown -- with Martha SHEID -- AND discovered the other marriage in my records. Perhaps you'll be able to find Mr. HARRIS in census records until his death.

Good hunting!

Peggy

This thread: