From: J/W Hobbs <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Skidmore / Ledford
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 10:49:19 -0600

Hi Elden,

Thanks for looking at your Skidmores. We need to spend some time
ourselves on this family. We also don't see a connection to the
Ledfords you mentioned. We tend to spend more time on our immediate
direct line, and haven't ventured into all of our connecting side
lines. Of course, you probably realize that everyone in Izard Co. is
distantly related. We go "round and round" in circles and become one
"big" family.

Wanda and Jim
=========================

wrote:

>Wanda & Jim,
>
>Thanks for the info and clarifications - this helps fill some of my gaps.
>I'll browse back in the archives as you suggest and see what else I can
>find too.
>
>I've searched the Skidmores I have and I don't find a match to the one's
>you have mentioned - but there are some Ledfords. I have a Henry (b-1819)
>and Elizabeth Ledford (from KY), but I don't know any of there children.
>Also have an Ira (b-1816 in VA) and Sarah Ledford, again don't know any
>children. I think these are a little father back than those you mentioned.
>I still have a lot to learn about the Skidmores - most of what I have is
>direct ancestors of Eliza Jane Skidmore who married John Henry May.
>
>Elden May

This thread: