From: "Bernie Moore-Knowles" <>
Subject: Korean War Pilot - Cope's remains from Norfork, Arkansas found
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 00:18:14 -0600

Hi guys

I have just gotten home and as I do not get the newspaper here; I always read CNN online. Seems the remains of a fighter pilot's remains from the Korean War has been found in China.

Here is an excerpt from the article and the URL if anyone is interested in reading it.

"Capt. Troy "Gordie" Cope, of Norfork, Arkansas, was piloting what was then the Air Force's best fighter, the F-86 Sabre, on September 16, 1952, when he encountered MiG-15 fighters -- purportedly North Korean but flown by Russians -- over the Yalu River that separates North Korea from China.
Cope, 28, was shot down and never seen again."

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/02/25/koreanwar.pilot.ap/index.html

Bernie Moore-Knowles
Papa'aloa, Hawai'i

"Swaying palms in paradise........"