ARIZARD-L ArchivesArchiver > ARIZARD > 2005-02 > 1108429819
From: "Peggy Truesdell" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Oliver Smith? (Bernie & Vera)
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 19:10:19 -0600
References: <20050214120937.OKVX2148.firstname.lastname@example.org> <001301c512be$adee29c0$0c00a8c0@D5701Q51>
Oliver Franklin SMITH (1871, Marion County, AR - 1920, Lone Rock, Baxter, AR) was "offed" by Joseph Lige MARTIN [convicted of murder] and revenged by his eldest son, Jake SMITH (1905, Marion County, AR). Jake left the country and he "may" be the one in SSDI who died in May 1973 in Wetumka, Hughes, OK.
Wife of Oliver was Mary Elizabeth TILLEY (1887 - 1959, Wetumka, Hughes, OK) who married 1921 Benjamin FRIEND.
Oliver and Mary Elizabeth's children:
1) Jake (above);
2) Chester SMITH (1906 - 1980) m. Emma Lou WHITE and Abbie "Goldie" WHITE;
3) Mennis SMITH (1907 - 1970, Wenatchee, WA);
4) Dennis SMITH (1909 - 1952) m. Mabel "Ottolene L." SINOR;
5) Erma Lee SMITH (1912 - bet. 1980-86, Jefferson Co., TX.) m. Mr. WRIGHT;
6) Truman SMITH (1916 - 1971, Wetumka, Hughes, OK);
7) Austin Carroll SMITH (1920 - bef. 1986); and,
8) Howard SMITH (? - aft. 1986; survivor of FRIEND half bro. in 1986).
I show Oliver Franklin SMITH's parents as: George Franklin SMITH and Martha A. MORGAN. Can't confirm G. F.'s parents -- may be son of Hensley SMITH and HAMM wife -- or a Riley SMITH and wife Ary / Amy? This is the SMITH - KNIGHT line around Buford, Baxter County, AR. I believe there may be TN MO migration for Riley SMITH. So, if you run across any George F. SMITH in Missouri -- capture and question him!
|Re: [ARIZARD-L] Oliver Smith? (Bernie & Vera) by "Peggy Truesdell" <>|