From: Barbara Merrell <>
Subject: Hodge(s)
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 16:18:04 -0600

Just recently join your group and I'm looking for information for Sarah
U. "Sadie" Hodge that married Ed Deal on November 16, 1907 in Izard
County. They had two daughters: Gladys Florene and Ruby Claris, before
she died abt 1916. We know that her mother's first name was Laura;
however, have no idea as to maiden name nor have we found Sadie's
father's name.
1900 Census Lunenburg Twp, Izard County, AR list: Laura Banning, Widow,
29, head of household; children listed were Sarah U., Hubert, Eugene,
and Harry Hodges and Minnie Banning (Laura's second marriage to J. C.
Banning in Aug 1898)
1910 Guion Twp Izard County, Arkansas: Laura R. Banning, 39, mother of 6
with 5 living b. Mississippi both parents b. Tennessee: children listed
Hubert Hodges, 19 AR AR MS; Harry Hodges, 15, AR AR MS; and Minnie
Banning 10, AR GA MS
1920 Census Guion Twp Izard County, AR listed Laura Hodge, widow, 48,
with two sons - Hubert 28 and Eugene, 25.
Can anyone help? Thanks so much for listening. Barbara

This thread: